• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 Apex Mnt rear shock

J
Nov 10, 2008
Fairly new into snowmachining and I have a 2006 Apex Mountain. I've had a bigger set of springs put on the back since I am a big guy, but the rear shock appears to be shot. What are my cheaper options for replacing it? I thought about looking for a used shock, but I remember reading on these forums that the rear shock it not a standard shock. What do I look for if I am looking for a used rear shock?

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
What I had set up work really well last year.....Have the heavier springs, a rear gas shock from the Venture MP...The Gas shock made a big difference.....rider weight 265.....

Last edited:
J
Nov 10, 2008
Thank you for the offer on buying the original shock for cheap. The orginal shock didn't seem to do me much good, so I should probably hold out for something else. Hopefully find a good deal on something I can have rebuilt or a used one for a Venture in very good shape. Thanks again for the offer. People on this board are very helpful and generous for the most part.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
Thank you for the offer on buying the original shock for cheap. The orginal shock didn't seem to do me much good, so I should probably hold out for something else. Hopefully find a good deal on something I can have rebuilt or a used one for a Venture in very good shape. Thanks again for the offer. People on this board are very helpful and generous for the most part.

Last year at yammie fest my rear shock let go. I put in a 07 summit shock with the same c to c and it was way better then the stock shock.

Premium Features