• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 Rebuild

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
It looks to me like that bumper would be much easier to install than the TCP unit ... perhaps not quite as beefy, but I think for me it'd still get the job done just fine :)

Let me know when I can buy one :)

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Looks great! nice job!
my only concern would be the heat affected zone of the weld in the mid brace.
IF you lift really hard,IF it bends,it will be the week spot!

dmj1, the center cnc'd piece is solid alumnium. So to break it I'm thinkin while your in the hospital from a hernia by pulling, or head injury from tree bashing, I'm thinking you might not care.
Thanx
-T

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
dmj1, the center cnc'd piece is solid alumnium. So to break it I'm thinkin while your in the hospital from a hernia by pulling, or head injury from tree bashing, I'm thinking you might not care.
Thanx
-T
TREE DOG
i was referring to the welded area where the cnc'd piece is welded to the 2 side tubes. t6 aluminium is heat treated for strength. now when you weld it , it actual looses its heat treatment and becomes soft .My only concern
is iF and when you lift the front of the sledd the 2 tubes running forward will be soft at the weld zone and bend.I have been stuck
so bad that when i went to lift the back out i bent and tore the rear bumper.
(stuck in 7 foot trench) usually the front is never that stuck.
all in all looks good.If it was pulse tiged together you will have less heat affected zone and will be stronger:beer;:beer;

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
TREE DOG
i was referring to the welded area where the cnc'd piece is welded to the 2 side tubes. If it was pulse tiged together you will have less heat affected zone and will be stronger:beer;:beer;

dmj1,

Sorry about that, wrong hole so to say!!
All the welds on this bumper are tig welded!! :)
Thanx
-T

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
Treedog,
It looks nice. Can you make it a little longer so it will go past the front bumper? When are you going to start making them? How much? Let me know.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Treedog,
It looks nice. Can you make it a little longer so it will go past the front bumper? When are you going to start making them? How much? Let me know.

Thanx Avi,

It now extends just slightly past the bumper for first contact, however since i'm leaving stock bumper in place I don't want it to become to big in diameter for anyone with small hands to grab around and pull. But deffinately good feedback. How far would you think it should be?

Thanx
-T

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Decision Time

Alright guys,

I appologize I havent responded to price and avalibilty yet today, but theres a few issues that have had to be addressed to come to a decision. With the SW intrest and excellent feedback so far, along with some local interest, I think we've decide to put this concept bumper into production. I've got to get my ducks in a row with some buisness type stuff, protection and production issues you know. Therefore it's gonna take a couple days to get things in motion.

Being a sales guy in my real life I've tried to lead my life and my buisness by one saying, DON'T HAVE AN ALLIGATORS MOUTH WITH A CANARYS A **!!

What this means is when I say I'm going to be able to come through with ths product I will deliver, so give me a week to get organized and I will start taking orders on Monday Sept, 29th. By then I might only be able to have produced 10-20 units ready to ship the first full week of October 6th, after I post on Mon 29th, READY TO SELL!!
We will not rob peter to pay paul so first come first serve will be in affect!!

We should be able to start going for broke after that. :)

The price is still being figured from production end, however we are still looking in the mid to upper $200, range which will include shipping for this price. I should be able to post a hard cost early next week. If we can streamline our current system we will pass the savings on to the customers.

Just remember with this system you will not have to buy any other plastic upgrades or destroy any that you've already paid for in the original purchase of your sled. :D

Again thanx for your interest and feedback so far please keep it coming!! We are hoping to produce a premium product for a realistic price!! I hope you'll agree and we look forward to servicing you with anything we can.

Thanx
Toby Garcia & Tim Adams
(Treedog) & (Snowballs)

J

jmitchell

Apr 8, 2008
ogden utah
i love it good job, however i would like to see an option for the removal of the stock bumper and maybe you could put vents in the stock bumper holes? just food for thought .

Great job

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Thanx Avi,

It now extends just slightly past the bumper for first contact, however since i'm leaving stock bumper in place I don't want it to become to big in diameter for anyone with small hands to grab around and pull. But deffinately good feedback. How far would you think it should be?

Thanx
-T

So you used 6061 or 6063 Al?

Anodized?

What size and thickness is the tube?

S
May 13, 2008
North Idaho
Don, everything is 6061 aluminum, 3/4" sch 40, except for the short crossbar which is 1" solid. As for now they are powdercoated, not anodized. Anodizing would have a nice look to it though; It may be something to check into.
Thanks for asking,
Tim

I

IQOUTLAW

Sep 10, 2008
Treedog,

Taht is some impressive work! I am definately interested in getting one of these for my sled. I was wondering if you know whether or not it will work along with a sled solutions float plate?

Also,
I like your design a lot but I too was looking to eliminate the actual plastic bumper. Any plans on creating one that does this? Maybe even just making it come up a bit more in the front and incorporating some tabs to hinge the hood on?

Just a thought but either way Im interested.

Thanks,
MAXX

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Finally!!

Well, got a little side tracked, but the bulid has almost come to completion. :D

I'll be going to the weight scale and the decal shop tommorrow for final touches!

Thankyou very much to all of you that have followed my project and given your advice and experienced comments. :beer;:beer;

Agian I'd like to thank the others before me that have made such good products and given such good customer service to build such a sled.
For my first attempt in a rebuild I'm pretty stoked how its turned out.
Now I just pray for snow! :D I also pray I don't hit one of the beloved trees I like to ride in so much!! :eek:

The best things to come of this project is not only the experience but I believe we developed a cool new bumper option for these 05'-08' Polaris sleds.
I'd just like to say though that as much as I'm hoping to share my new bumper with you, I hope we'll all remember that a bumper doesn't replace a brain, and is in no way this product meant to be a saftey device!! Please ride with caution at all times and lets all get home safe.

I look forward to doing clean buisness with many of you.
And good luck to all the rest with your projects and sledding season!! :D

Thanx
-T

Almost done 900 pics 006.jpg Almost done 900 pics 009.jpg Almost done 900 pics 010.jpg Almost done 900 pics 008.jpg Almost done 900 pics 005.jpg Almost done 900 pics 004.jpg Almost done 900 pics 012.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
-T,
As i have been telling you throughout the build, i love it man..congrats on your fine work..you really took some price into that process and its commendable..

few questions real quick..
1. How do you like the xxxmodrods hood, is the quality fitment/good
2. are you going to vent the sled with the vent kits..if so, what ones are you gonna use, i am torn between brands and curious what you prefer
3. what made you want to mod the NOS bottle on the belt cover..instead of next to the muffler. Mine is by the muffler but when i install shock vents it will be in the way, so any benefits of having the NOS over where yours is..
4. you going with custom decals from a local place or ? can you get me details for them (website or?), would like to see what they can do.

thanks again and good luck...cant wait to see decals

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
-T,

few
3. what made you want to mod the NOS bottle on the belt cover..instead of next to the muffler. Mine is by the muffler but when i install shock vents it will be in the way, so any benefits of having the NOS over where yours is..

I believe you will have a noss supply issue with the bottle mounted there.
is it a syphon tube bottle? if it is you will not get most of the liquid out of the bottle.If it is none syphon you will definitely not get liquid supplied to the regulator.:beer;

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
-T,

few questions real quick..
1. How do you like the xxxmodrods hood, is the quality fitment/good
2. are you going to vent the sled with the vent kits..if so, what ones are you gonna use, i am torn between brands and curious what you prefer
4. you going with custom decals from a local place or ? can you get me details for them (website or?), would like to see what they can do.

thanks again and good luck...cant wait to see decals

1. I'll be completly honest I absolutely love the IQ racer hood look. It is one mean lookin son of a biotch. However it is a lot of work to make it fit right. Not that its hard in a physical way but after spending a couple hundred bucks all you've got is the hood and an air grinder or cutting tool. Grab your pocket book and you nuts and start cutting tell your done!! Kinda like being at the bottom of a new chute!! :eek: Grab the throttle and don't look down!!

2. I haven't choosen a vent kit yet for this hood. The face on this hood looks bad a$$ kinda like Darth Vaders helmet It's only about 3-4 lbs after done cutting so there isn't any tabs or anything to mount to. I'm not a really big fan of the ones that fit on top of the hood, and apparently Poly doesn't like glue very well I'm told, makes it brittle, so I'm in a quandry!! I think I'll probably make some myself out of some small screen and caulk to the inside of the hood, wait and see what happens. I still have my lightweight mesh hood maybe I'll leave the holes open and just run the mesh one in the deep pow.

3. I started making a new bracket to use the second hole next to the can on the rubber mount and then fabbing something to bolt to the support bracket next to the motor. I really don't want to cut into my new $165 fender to mount the Bd mount kit next to the can. I had this same synergy kit on my 08' 700 last year and I remember the angle that kit was at mounted directly above the can with the BD 08' mount kit. The angle of my clutch cover seemed to be the same angle. I can't believe the can could throw off much more heat than the clutches, so I'm going to try and see if this mount works. I've seen other people who've mounted it there on SW, so what the hell. If it works great if not so be it!! Plus it sure makes it easier to switch out the bottle. The 06' little tab that holds on the side panel on the top is I think limited on how many times it can be bent to fit in the hole. Another fantasticd Polaris design. You'll notice they fixed that however.

4. I took the sled in today to a custom sign shoip and spent a couple hours designing a simple but I think pretty cool decal set up. I'm doing a little tribal thing with plenty of room for some vendor decals. Kinda a racer theme to match the hood. Plus I think I'll put the Articfx evil eye kit in the headlight spaces. That'll look pretty cool. My wife calls me Whitebread, cause I like things pretty plain. Oh well it could be worse.

Thanx for the response. I'll post a couple more pics of finished sled tommorrow plus the dry scale weight!! :)
-T

Premium Features