• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05-06 900 IQ Throttle/ Oil cable replacement

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I haven't heard anything about the cable yet. Hopefully soon!!!!! I really don't want to put the old one back in:(

Ok so its not just me then......thats a good sign.....last I heard he was supposed to get the shippment on Mon 8-24. I dont even have the option of putting in the old one:eek:

A
Apr 5, 2009
ok i got my new cable on and properly adjusted but does any one know the torque specs for the exhaust manifold for a 2006 fusion 700

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Hi guys, I was offline sitting on the beach at Priest Lake Id. I am back home now and looking at the all the pms I received. I have a few regular length cables left and I have extended cables on the way which I will be shipping as soon as they arrive, any day now. Thanks for patience and support.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Long cables are in and I have regular cables on hand.
Let me know what you need.
FBF.:beer;

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Would you mind if I threw out there that I have a standard length cable for sale and need one for a 4-6" rise.

I'll take $50 for the one I have. It's a FBF. (Sale pending)

Could you send me a price on a new extended length cable, or can you modify mine if I send it to you?

Thanks

Last edited:
J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
So I have to say that I am extremely glad I decided to order this cable.....

In prep for its arrival, I started tear the sled apart to get the old cable out of there. I found that the throttle cable...was frayed so bad by the throttle body it had only one "strand" of cable left actuallly pulling the lever up. Also when I went to check the oiler cable, it wasnt even bolted down. The nut that holds the oiler in place completely backed off and was just sitting there on the exposed cable towards the oil pump.

Made me sure glad that I was doing this upgrade!!!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
So I have to say that I am extremely glad I decided to order this cable.....

In prep for its arrival, I started tear the sled apart to get the old cable out of there. I found that the throttle cable...was frayed so bad by the throttle body it had only one "strand" of cable left actuallly pulling the lever up. Also when I went to check the oiler cable, it wasnt even bolted down. The nut that holds the oiler in place completely backed off and was just sitting there on the exposed cable towards the oil pump.

Made me sure glad that I was doing this upgrade!!!

That is a good thing.

All that extra oil fouls the plugs and robs horse power.

F
Sep 11, 2008
Williams Lake, BC
looks like I might be the first one to have problems with this install - don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the product or even the instructions, I'm just not understanding the cable adjustment.

As I understand it, the throttle thumb lever is supposed to be about .8mm away from the throttle block, so that the micro switch in there doesn't close (what does that switch do anyway?). What is happening to me is that when I tighten up the oil cable at the oil pump to line up the marks, it is pulling the throttle switch all the way closed. What am I missing here?

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
The switches in the throttle lever (2 of them) are there to prevent a run away in case of a frozen cable. That is a cut off system that is only bypassed when the lever is activated properly. One switch is next to the cable and the other is in the far end of the lever by the pivot point. As far as the cable length, move the rubber boot on the inline adjuster and make sure it is screwed in completely.
Hope this helps.
FBF.

F
Sep 11, 2008
Williams Lake, BC
Thanks Claude :beer;, I realize now that I was having a brain cramp - that throttle switch is supposed to be closed at idle :eek:, and I was trying to adjust it so that it would stay open

I got it all installed and buttoned back up. Fired right up and operation is nice and smooth, all seems ok. Going to get a chance to test it out on the mountain this Wednesday.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Got my FBF cable the other day and now I can see what all the hype is about! Never thought you could get so excited about a dam cable! lol my oiler cable was way jacked, barely a strand hanging on to it! Anybody with a 900 needs this cable! Thanks Claude!

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
You are welcome Steel, I'm happy to hear you like it, thank you for your positive feedback.

For anyone looking for a cable right now, I'm having some issues with parts supply and I will get more cables built as soon as I can and will post on here.
FBF.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Now here is a question for everyone, since I don't have a service manual in front of me, on the oil pump, your supposed to line up those little nick marks I'm guessing is where it needs to be set at idle? Didn't look at it when I took it apart- go figure!

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Now here is a question for everyone, since I don't have a service manual in front of me, on the oil pump, your supposed to line up those little nick marks I'm guessing is where it needs to be set at idle? Didn't look at it when I took it apart- go figure!

yes at closed throttle those marks need to be lined up.

Premium Features