• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 Summit 800 dies at elevation?

S
Dec 6, 2011
My 04 rev has recently came up with an annoying problem. I'm not sure if it is elevation or just the time that I am running the sled but when I ride it will die after about 30 minutes or when I get up the trail a ways about 5000 feet. I will be going up the trail and about the same spot where I ride it will start to slowly bog then it will die. I can wait anywhere from 5-20 minutes and it will start back up and run for another 20 minutes. I have pulled the plug several times and it never looks to fat or lean. I have recently put a 1 tooth smaller driver and a 1/4 inch taller track on it and it has ran different ever since. The last 3 times I rode it last season it started to do the dying thing and haven't rode it since. Seems like it really lacks top end. It pulls hard until about 5-6 grand and kind of bogs the rest of the way through. Not sure if that's even the same problem just all seemed to started at once. Carb? Clutch? Reeds? DPM? HELP?

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Dies

How many miles on the machine? Are the DPM lines hooked up an free of fuel?

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Dies

Rebuild clutch, test all DPM components per service manual. Check compression, check fuel pump, replace fuel filter, run some fuel system cleaner though it.

S
Dec 6, 2011
I am suspicious of the clutch and I will start there. Do you think a stock rebuild would work or will I have to change things since it is geared down? I am not a clutch expert at all as far as setting them up for elevation, track etc. I have completely flushed the fuel system and gas tank with fresh fuel. I will need to get a manual for the DPM set up. Thanks

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Clutch set up

Set the clutches with the tuning parts from the 2005 and you will be good.

Premium Features