• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 RMK 700 Electric Start questions

dodgetruck2

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2018
Parker, SD
So i have been slowly piecing together an electric start kit for my 04. I have about everything except the starter motor mounting hardware.

I go online to babbitsonline (hopefully its ok to mention them here) and use their online parts catalog to look up part numbers for cross reference. Ive found my original kit i ordered was for a fanner so the mounts dont fit with the water jacket on the front of the motor.

Anyway under 04 there are two different starting motor lookup options and when i compare part numbers they are different for the brackets im wondering if someone could elaborate to me what the differences are so I order the correct ones. Or i found a starting kit for a 500XC im assuming its liquid cooled and would interchange and mounting bracket part#s match under one lookup but not the other.

The matching numbers are showing 5244250 - rear bracket 5245467 - front bracket, the 700 rmk second lookup is showing 5245780 - rear bracket and 5245781 front bracket

Premium Features