• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 king cat jetting question

Jan 5, 2020
Oregon
I just picked up a 04 1m king cat 900 carbed. Just trying to make sure my jetting is good before i destroy a cylinder. Currently its running a 360main and a 50 pilot in both carbs. I havent checked needle position yet. My riding area is central Oregon. My. Bachelor, cresent lake, east lake area. Elevation verries from around 4500 feet up to around 8 or 9k ft.

Any help is much appreciated. Everything is stock minus the can.

R
4500- 9000 feet is a pretty big range. With 360s and 50 pilot, you should be rich. Needle can be dropped one or stay in the middle for sure. You will be able to find a manual online also to check your jetting as a guide line. You should have the TMs. There would be a sticker also on the sled as a guide line, depending. If you are too rich, it will run like a pig at rpm and elevation..
Easy to check plugs, so check often. Real pain in the butt to change jets, but performance wins!!

Jan 5, 2020
Oregon
Well rode this weekend and this is my results. 34deg, elevation around 4300 to 4800' was boggy off the line loaded up a bit had great response at 1/3 to half throttle. Would not get anymore revs after 1/2 and would not go over40mph

Premium Features