• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

03 700 no tail light or brake light

11mudder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2016
Trying to figure out issue with no tail or brake light on a 03 700 rmk. All other lights work, including brake light on dash, bulb tests fine. I am seeing continuity between the brown and yellow at the connector under the seat and if I unplug the stator it goes away. Tested Yellow to Brown on stator and see .4 ohms, so that is out of range according to specs, so thinking possible issue there, but if that was the case wouldn't all lights be effected? Not seeing anything wiring wise yet going back to tail light, but need to dig more under the console. Thoughts on if it would be the stator or not since all lights but the back work? First time I have had a possible stator issue, so trying to make sure I am not replacing something that isn't the problem.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I'm sure it wouldn't be stator related. Do you see continuity at the connector under the seat looking back to the tail light on the brown and yellow? Similarly on the brown to orange (brake light). It sounds like the brown wire may be open under the seat or at the tail light housing itself seeing as how neither brake or tail light work. Brown is the common ground for both lights.

Last edited:

11mudder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2016
Traced the wiring back from the plug under the seat and didn’t see any bare wires, connected bulb to the connector at the back of the seat and worked there. So looked at the pigtail from there to the light and still nothing bare. Ended up being inside of the small connector at the back of the seat. Took it apart and resoldered wires and all is good. Guess I should have worked back instead of forward to begin with! Figured since I saw continuity at the front plug that is was something forward of the tank, guess it was just the resistance in the stator.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Traced the wiring back from the plug under the seat and didn’t see any bare wires, connected bulb to the connector at the back of the seat and worked there. So looked at the pigtail from there to the light and still nothing bare. Ended up being inside of the small connector at the back of the seat. Took it apart and resoldered wires and all is good. Guess I should have worked back instead of forward to begin with! Figured since I saw continuity at the front plug that is was something forward of the tank, guess it was just the resistance in the stator.
Yes you were seeing the resistance of the lighting coil in the stator.

Premium Features