• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 600 patriot motor wint fit in the 03 edge

D
Dec 15, 2019
I am having problems getting a 02 patriot motor to fit in my 03 edge chasis. I changed the exhaust manifold. Mounts. And carb boots. The belt clutch to clutch length is on. But the carbs are out of the air box.
Anyone else have this problem. And know a fix?
I have measured and re measured. The blocks are identical. One set of mount's wont fit the bolt pattern at all. I am aware the air boxs are different in the 02- 03.
But with the carb boot change that should not be a issue.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
They are Liberty engines. The air boxes are different because the chassis is redesigned (possibly since the fuel pump mounts differently), and not due to a carb boot change.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I didn't realize they'd changed that much in the EDGE chassis, but does look like quite a few changes even from '02 to '03. The carb boots are the same part number. '02 crankcase is different part number, but superseded by the same number as '03. So the problem isn't there. Straps are different; maybe they shifted the angle the engine sits at? I'm surprised you can't just drop the long block into the '03 straps and bolt everything up, but never tried such a swap. You may just have to find a bunch more parts from '02 if they really changed that much. Also, take a close look at the parts numbers and make sure you've got the motor you think you've got; if you somehow got your hands on a 600HO (which looks similar), that's not going to fit unless you're willing to do some backyard engineering.

Premium Features