• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 1m alpha mod

D
Jan 12, 2020
In the process of acquiring all the parts from a few used sources of mine to upgrade my 2002 arctic cat 1M 800 EFI 144 track to the alpha one single beam 153 track. I know that this is an Orthodox and a lot of work but I’ve thought it through pretty well and I know that it is possible there’s a few things that I’m just unsure about because I haven’t done a project quite this big yet. Honestly the only things I’m looking to know are what do people mean by drop and rolled chain case, And I was wondering if anyone knew what driver would work for that applicatioAnd I was wondering if anyone knew what driver would work for that pitch track (3”) with my engine or do I need to buy drive wheels that are compatible with the track and have them pressed onto the spindle that goes with that engine..

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Completely possible. You'll need drivers made to fit your driveshaft. Or machine new adapters to make the PC driveshaft work. Avid will make you anything you can dream up for drivers. Then any competent machine shop can make you what you need for adaptors or new shaft etc etc.

Drop n Roll chaincase is something that you will need to do since you have a 2002(basically a trail sled with a long track) This consists of dropping the jackshaft, and rolling the driveshaft backwards. Essentially you end up moving the jackshaft into the tunnel versus on top of the tunnel, and rotating the chaincase backwards to the point where the driveshaft is at it's lowest point.

Premium Features