• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

‘16 M6000 trouble restarting .

This sled has around 45 hours on the clock and is having great difficulty in restarting once it has ran a few miles. 2 to 3 pulls to get it going in the morning but 12 to 30 pulls to get it restarted. If I wait twenty minutes or so then it starts fine, 2 or 3 pulls. Had it in to the dealer and they replaced the plugs, no difference. It feels like a vapour lock. Does anybody have any ideas?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
We’ve got same sled in a 14 with same issues. Loves to load up with fuel. Power valves have caused part of our problem. Some days it rips all day, some days it flat won’t run. Most common cure is to let it sit an hour.
Frustrating for sure.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Waiting for the idle to normalize before shutting down will help as they do load up on fuel. The wot will also help when hot.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i usually always slightly crack the throttle if i want it to fire right up when warm. if i dont sometimes it will fire and idle really low/die and i think thats when the goofy stuff starts to happen for people.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Thank you for the suggestion I’ll give it a try. Do you think that an electric start would help as well?
Electric start does make it easier but mine always started with the pull rope. A few things to keep in mind with these sleds is keep the throttle cable adjusted properly, set the idle at 1800 to 2000 (you can go slightly more but if it get to high the electronic reverse wont engage) and let the idle normalize before shut down. It never hurts to apply dielectric grease to all electrical connections annually also. These Suzuki engines were designed by AC and are as close to bullet proof as they come just a few quirks to get to know and you will have many happy miles.

Electric start does make it easier but mine always started with the pull rope. A few things to keep in mind with these sleds is keep the throttle cable adjusted properly, set the idle at 1800 to 2000 (you can go slightly more but if it get to high the electronic reverse wont engage) and let the idle normalize before shut down. It never hurts to apply dielectric grease to all electrical connections annually also. These Suzuki engines were designed by AC and are as close to bullet proof as they come just a few quirks to get to know and you will have many happy miles.
Thanks again. The idle is around 1850. I forgot to mention that during me pulling for 12 - 30 times the engine fires and tries to run but doesn’t get up enough RPMs then it dies again. I’m not worried about the bullet proof engine as I am with the rest of the over electronicfication trying to run the engine.
i usually always slightly crack the throttle if i want it to fire right up when warm. if i dont sometimes it will fire and idle really low/die and i think thats when the goofy stuff starts to happen for people.
I haven’t tried the throttle just cracked, I know if I open it more the engine won’t even fire.

Premium Features