• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

safety

1. N

BCA Float 12 with 1.0 Cylinder

This is a new with tags, never used BCA Float 12 avy pack. Please note that this is the 1.0 system. Comes with empty cylinder. For a great overview of the pack see the youtube video below. $475 obo shipped to the lower 48. Can ship Alaska but we will need to discuss the cost. Possibly ship...
  2. 4

Tech Vests S, M & Large sizes - $75

Used tech vests for sale. In great shape. A good idea for snowmobile and snowbike safety. The sizes small medium and large. $75 OBO each. PM, Call or text 406-223-8789
  3. V

Airbags The Offer Left Hand Pulls

Hey guys, I was reading that for sledding that we should grab a airbag pack that allows the pull handle to be mounted on either shoulder. This was we can mount it on the right shoulder (compared to the traditional left) so we can keep our hands on the throttle and still be able to pull the...
  4. S

New- looking for tour snowmobile/trailer and safety training in Washington State

Hi All, I've used snowmobiles for work purposes over the years- hauling gear in Colorado and work purposes in Antarctica. I'm a professor and have a research project in the mountains in Central Washington (Blewett Pass). We've been renting snowmobiles the past several years to access a study...
  5. T

Klim Jetforce Airbag

Has anyone picked up the new Jetforce Airbag from Klim? Looks like it offers some pretty neat features over the current traditional bags. I don't have a bag currently but this is definitely on my list to check out when I pull the trigger. Video: Linky 10L...
  6. S

BCA Float 36 For Sale with canister

Float 36 Designed for dedicated back country riders carrying their essentials. The 36 includes; huge storage volume, an internal frame, load lifters, back panel access, internal shovel/probe pockets, waist belt pockets, ski and snowboard carry system, lined goggle pocket and hydration sleeve...
  7. T

Avalanche Safety Seminar - Mike Duffy - Wisconsin

FREE Avalanche Safety Seminar! Engelhart Center of Madison, WI is hosting a free avalanche safety seminar (performed by Mike Duffy) on November 12 (6 PM to 10 PM). Click here to sign up. Engelhart Motorsports Co is hosting Mike Duffy's excellent Avalanche 1 seminar. If you live in the...
  8. W

Backcountry Traveling 101

1st off, my disclaimer: I'm not an avalanche professional. This isn't a comprehensive list of do's and dont's. This thread was intended to inform the people who, for their own reasons, haven't or don't intend on participating in an avalanche class. A few pointers to consider while riding...
  9. A

Turnagain Pass Avalanche Workshop

Ok, you have requested it, so here it is! Alaska Avalanche School in partnership with Alaska Snow Safaris, present the first ever motorized 2-day Avalanche Hazard Evaluation & Rescue Course! This course is geared towards snowmachiners and is an intensive, hands-on course, which provide...
  10. 8

New avalanche air bag design

I am in the process of designing a new avalanche air bag pack. The prototype should be finished and go into testing this riding season. I am in hopes that my pack will be much more affordable than others on the market. Preliminary pack cost should be from the $400 - $600 range maybe even lower...
  11. mtnpull

AVY Beacons

For all my Utah peeps. I can now get a special buy on Ortovox M2 avalanche beacons. $249.95 each. I will take orders up until Monday the 5th then I will order and have them available the following Friday. If interested please PM me your phone # so I can call you. The beacons is the Ortovox...
Premium Features