• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

backcountry

1. J

Which Snowmobile should I buy??

Hello everyone! first of all im new here, happy to join this community. The question i was coming to ask is about my new snowmobile in getting this october. I aim for skidoo and Rev gen 4 especially. Ive been looking at summits, Renegades and that stuff, but one that seems good is the Renegade...
  2. S

Backcountry vs Freeride?

Hello! I'm not too experienced with sleds and was wondering which sled would be beter for me- the Skidoo freeride or the Skidoo Backcountry X. Both 2015 800cc models. Would both sleds would be able to shred through 1-4 feet of powder without having issues/Would I be completely satisfied...
  3. B

Switchback assault which gears?

probably asked somewhere else, just wondering which gears for my 14' switchback assault 800 , it has a 1.75" backcountry track and a ggb mountain can, 22-40 gears or 20-42. I don't mind to much about losing some top end just want bottom end and mid range. any info or opinions would be greatly...
  4. D

Driven Elite Backcountry Riding Schools Offering Additional Avalanche Classes

The Driven Elite Backcountry Riding Schools are scheduled in the Northern Big Horns of Wyoming, Greater Lake Tahoe Area and Trestle Creek near Sandpoint, ID. Mike Duffy with Avalanche1 is part of the Driven team and instructs classroom and on-snow avalanche training. For more information on...
  5. D

Driven Elite Backcountry Riding School - Lake Tahoe

6. I

what should i look for in a sled for Backcountry access

looking for a sled this season for backcountry snowboarding and skiing. mostly looking towards a used sled to keep investment low. I know 800cc + mnt slyle sled is there a min track lenght? what are some of the rides you guys use? pro and cons? thanks happy winter
  7. S

Flashback Friday 2003

Warming up my feet on a cold winter day. The older sled did have some perks.
  8. D

Magruder Ride?

Thinking about riding the length of the Magruder Corridor next season - from Darby, MT to Elk City, ID. Anyone out there done this ride, or have any ideas about it? I've traveled the road in summer, but haven't done much exploring in winter. Any advice welcome.
  9. S

Timbersled Mtn. Tamer rear suspension kit for sale

I have the Mtn. tamer rear suspension from timber sled for sale with fox floats. It also has 144" rails from ice age but stock rails can be used. I also have a 144'' with 1.75 lugs backcountry from camoplast that has a few tears but would still work on the trail apex sleds if you get a rail...
  10. N

Best Sled for around $2K

I'm looking for a reliable sled that I'll be using mostly for backcountry skiing access. I live in Bozeman, MT and will be riding/skiing mostly in the SW Montana area (including Cooke City). Though I don't plan on doing it much, the sled would need enough power to tow a skier into backcountry...
  11. N

New Member: Bozeman, MT

Hello! I'm new on the snowest forums! I'm also relatively new to snowmobiling. I'm looking to get a reliable, relatively inexpensive ($1500-2500) machine that'll take me most anywhere. For the most part, I will be using the sled as a "approach" vehicle for backcountry skiing. Any suggestions on...
  12. M

Brand New Snowboard boots

Description: Great Boot, Size 11.5 Rome SDS Libertine snowboard boots. Brand new with tags and box. Bought last year never used. Retailed for ~$215 last year. Great boots i just have no use for them. Will fit 11-12 foot in shoe size depending on how tight/loose you prefer your boots Link fo...
  13. 8

New avalanche air bag design

I am in the process of designing a new avalanche air bag pack. The prototype should be finished and go into testing this riding season. I am in hopes that my pack will be much more affordable than others on the market. Preliminary pack cost should be from the $400 - $600 range maybe even lower...
  14. W

2010 Renegade Backcountry X - Can? Clutching?

2010 Renegade Backcountry X 800R Brand spanking new sled in my garage.... looking for input on upgrades for what does/doesn't work b4 the snow flies! Can: Looking for weight loss, deeper sound, maybe additional power... suggestions? Clutching: Looking for better acceleration, higher track...
  15. A

M8 bog on top end frustrating! please HELP!

I have a 2005 M6 that has a D&D m8 kit in it with a D&D single pipe and D&D can. Timbersled intake. Boondocker box. supreme tool rave style exhaust valves to eliminate that problem. It is a really great sled when it runs but last winter i couldnt figure out what was causing my problem. I have...
Premium Features