For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Cameras All things Still Photography

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Currently: Not set.
Ollie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nikon SLR

I have a D50 SLR nikon camera.

Question:
The LCD viewer is black when I am taking pictures.
To be honest I don't use this camera very much, but it seems to me I used to be able to view an image in the LCD monitor prior to taking the picture.

now it remains black. I can review pics taken and such, but it won't show anything till after it is taken.

I can't find ANYTHING that says one way or the other if you are supposed to view prior to taking the pics or not.

Yea, it's a stupid question and I should know, but what the heck. I'm old and senile.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Currently: MULE
Ex-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond repute

hmm, most DSLR's i've seen don't do that..... maybe you're thinking a point-and-shoot camera?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Currently: MULE
Ex-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond reputeEx-Member has a reputation beyond repute

why bother with that anyways... just take a ton of pics and throw out the bad ones when you can see 'em on a nice computer screen

Old 06-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Currently: Causing trouble
Supplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond reputeSupplicate has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
hmm, most DSLR's i've seen don't do that..... maybe you're thinking a point-and-shoot camera?
Thats what I'm thinking as well, I've never seen a DSLR that lets you view the image to be shot on the LCD since you need to look through the eyepiece to see information that will tell you how to adjust your camera for the best shot. Or just do like I do and leave it on a preset and shoot the hell out of it.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Currently: moddin
Basic Member
skidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud ofskidooer1 has much to be proud of

none of them do.thats because only the image sensor is digital. the rest of the camera is based on mostly original slr technology. so until that shutter goes you can only see through the top view finder.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:00 AM
summitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the D50 can do that. I know the new D300 can.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:08 AM
Ollie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond reputeOllie has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of what I thought, but for the life of me couldn't remember.
We only use this camera in the summer and that is only a couple months long.
I think I took it out 3 times last year.