• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoBunje Power Cell - Mounting Ideas?

ArcticFamily

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
MN
Thinking of installing a SnoBunje Power Cell for continous 12V power on the sled (gps).
I thought the SBPC sounded good as you could stay on the 12V supply when stopped and engines off to run the GPS backlight w/o it timing out or chewing up batteries.

The powercell is small, but looking around under the hood, I don't see a 'perfect' place to put this thing.

Any ideas and/or pictures would be great !!!

I was looking up near the steering post mounting bolts and that tin shield.... or just above the left footwell... or ??

The application is an 06' Crossfire 7, should be similar to M's.

332_large_image.jpg

crossfire1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oconomowoc, WI
batt mounting

you can mount the batt on the left front . just in front of the belt guard, there is a flat spot...I believe the clutch/weight sticker is there. if you pull it off slow you can put it on the other side..I mounted my batt and the cig lighter part under the hood and used the gps power cord to route to the handle bars, you can route the cord with the throttle cable. having the cig lighter under the hood keeps the connection dry and warmer.
I made my own system based off of the one in the picture,and I use a 60csx gps and i can run my gps for 3 days before it needs to be recharged. I didn't want hook into my sled electrical system.. hopefully this helps

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
I put mine above the disk brake on the right side.
I riveted a "L" bracket sideways- and covered it with rubber so it would not rub the bottom of the battery... I used small bunge cords x6 and webbed it to hold the battery in place....
Works great:D

ArcticFamily

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
MN
:beer;
I put mine above the disk brake on the right side.
I riveted a "L" bracket sideways- and covered it with rubber so it would not rub the bottom of the battery... I used small bunge cords x6 and webbed it to hold the battery in place....
Works great:D

I know posting picts can be a pain... but.... if you have the time or mindset to share your mounting... I am sure others would like to see it.

Thx.

:beer;

Premium Features