For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Wyoming Snowies, Big Horns, Togwotee, Yellowstone Park, Alpine, etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
afipunkrocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sierra Madres

Anyone got any advice, never sledded there b4.

I live near wellington co....is it faster to take north park or go I-80 and then down?

Anyone wanna go with that'd be cool too!! Thinking tomorrow or Friday, I can even do the weekend but wanna try and keep away from the crowds if there even are crowds there.

Check SNOTEL site Old Battle....

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/sn...ays=7&state=WY

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Currently: Red Dragons!
pwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond reputepwdrhogRMK800 has a reputation beyond repute

Good riding, my back is screwed up right now. With any luck I plan to ride Sunday and Monday down there.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Basic Member
Bob N is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by afipunkrocks View Post
Anyone got any advice, never sledded there b4.

I live near wellington co....is it faster to take north park or go I-80 and then down?
I'm close to you, I live between Wellington and Nunn. I've been thinking of heading over there some day. We always go to the Snowies.

I would imagine if the weather was good, taking I-80 and dropping down would be much faster. But if the wind is blowing (well, blowing harder than usual!) then Poudre Canyon to North Park might be the way to go.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Basic Member
Gilliland is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

The Sierras are awesome. U won't be disappointed. Lots of boondock'n, trees and and hills. The greatest part is that there are hardly any people. Be careful on the hills there's some good avalanche country over there. I would take the interstate if its not windy. It sounds like its supposed to be a nice weekend though. Good Luck

Old 01-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Basic Member
JackedDuty01 is an unknown quantity at this point

A group of us do a trip every year!!! It is really fun, good hill climbin and fun meadows. The best thing if you ride there during the week, you may be the only person there!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Currently: Snowed In
Albany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeAlbany Mountain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
I'm close to you, I live between Wellington and Nunn. I've been thinking of heading over there some day. We always go to the Snowies.

I would imagine if the weather was good, taking I-80 and dropping down would be much faster. But if the wind is blowing (well, blowing harder than usual!) then Poudre Canyon to North Park might be the way to go.
When you pass through Laramie (either via 287 or I-80), Highway 230 to Encampment may be an alternative as well.