• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Enclosed trailer flooring

RTBS

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2013
I'm guessing this is for an existing trailer? I have one that is just painted plywood and is getting damaged by the carbides. I'm in need to cover mine also. I've looked into some of the plastic tiles and heard they don't hold up so well so I'm looking for other options. I've been considering just using ski glides on the plywood and not cover the rest and repaint the plywood.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
I am picky/anal guy and after owning my first enclosed trailer for a couple years, I really don't get why all the fuss for a trailer floor. My new trailer came from the dealer with 3/4" drymax OSB for the floor and it has very few, if any blemishes after 2 seasons. I am really happy that I did not spend big bucks to cover with anything. Moving sleds by hand is a breeze and the water just beads/pools on the floor. I did install traction mats and ski guides on the doors which I would recommend.

sodak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2018
I have nudo flooring but was getting scratched terrible so I installed swisstrax over it and it is holding up awesome!! I'll post pics in a bit

sodak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2018
That's nice looking stuff.
Cost/ Sq ft?

My trailer is a 40' gooseneck with 32' of floor space. I think the cost was around $1200 or so. It was very easy to install and took about a day (mostly getting all the cuts as good as possible)

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I have SwissTrax in my garage in CO and pressure wash it all the time using a floor washing tool on the end of a pressure washer (amazon has them cheap). Cleans up like new each time.

As for cost, I just ordered SwissTrax for my new trailer and it costs about $4/square foot if you want new material. I've found that the company often times has "used" flooring which they have snapped together once/twice at a car show (i.e. Barrett Jackson) that they are willing to sell for cheaper. You are limited on colors as they usually use black, grey, red, white at these shows, but those colors are perfect for most trailers. With that said, I paid $2.98/square foot for my used material (black/grey) and it will be here this week.

I'll shoot some pictures after I install it.

Ryan

Premium Features