For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Currently: Not set.
s.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Raw upgrade shocks or add tss?

Looking to either upgrade the shocks on my raw or a tss. Which would be the best upgrade? Only going to be able to do 1.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-10-2018, 07:26 AM
Basic Member
shadbehnke is an unknown quantity at this point

Interested in this as well, debating on getting an aro kit next year or just upgrading the raw kit.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Currently: Getting the R6 snowbike ready......
Thanked 1,400 Times in 874 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

My .02

If you feel the shocks are lacking........

The coin to sell and buy an aro will net you much better handling, suspension and overall bike balance.
Plus resale of a bone stock aro will be much better than a modified raw.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Basic Member
tek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond reputetek9tim has a reputation beyond repute

I'm new to the snowbike world, but I'll share the logic that comes to mind thinking about your situation.

If you're unhappy with overall travel, but okay with the damping and spring rates in the skid, I'd go TSS.

The more likely scenario is that you're unhappy with the damping and spring rates. If that's the case, then the TSS would just be a pig standing on toothpicks. There would be a weak link between the TSS and the ground, negating the good work the TSS is doing.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Currently: Not really caring if it snows or not, a great position to be in.
Basic Member
suva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond reputesuva has a reputation beyond repute

I would upgrade shocks before yours fall apart and potentially damage the track. All but one of the RAWs I ride with have had the front shock break. Better shocks with lighter springs are a big upgrade for flotation, ride and handling on the RAW kits as well.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suva For This Useful Post:
DanielMerrick (10-02-2018), s.e.xtreme (09-10-2018), wwillf01 (09-15-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 04:27 PM
s.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond reputes.e.xtreme has a reputation beyond repute

Ok narrowed down to either exits or raptors! Both look like they are quality shocks. Ive only run fox on my sleds. Anybody have input on either?

Old 09-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Currently: Getting the R6 snowbike ready......
Thanked 1,400 Times in 874 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.e.xtreme View Post
Ok narrowed down to either exits or raptors! Both look like they are quality shocks. Ive only run fox on my sleds. Anybody have input on either?
Ford, chevy debate.

Guys who sell one or the other will steer you.

Guys who own one or the other will try to purchase justify.

I recommend calling/ emailing both companies and making your own decision based on how they treat you.
(As that will be an indicator of future treatment)

I’ve never bought new of either.........
Only used.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:16 PM
Currently: Not riding enough
DanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond reputeDanielMerrick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suva View Post
I would upgrade shocks before yours fall apart and potentially damage the track. All but one of the RAWs I ride with have had the front shock break. Better shocks with lighter springs are a big upgrade for flotation, ride and handling on the RAW kits as well.

I second this, had a buddy blow the spring keepers rugby off the front shock last year. I say both and you'll be a changed man