For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Mountain/Deep Powder Riding at its best

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2018, 10:39 AM
Currently: Not set.
yosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default INSULATED vs NON-INSULATED MONOSUIT

Interested in the difference between the insulated and non insulated in mountain riding conditions. Got a steal of a deal on an insulated motorfist mono. I've always wore non insulated and layered underneath. Will this insulated mono be way overbearing in the sweat dept.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-28-2018, 11:35 AM
Currently: ND. Meatball Crew
FatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would not want insulated gear for backcountry / mountain riding. Being able to "layer" your clothing for high activity is key to staying comfortable and dry!! You also have the ability to adjust your layering to compensate for the changing weather conditions and your own body conditions as mentioned. The more layers (proper layers) also act as a sweat trap and can pull the sweat from your body and get it off your skin. This in turn keeps your body temp more regulated which obviously keeps you more comfortable.

It seems that most people that ride with insulated gear, do just that, insulated gear and don't layer enough. This can be okay as long as your body temperature doesn't fluctuate or change much.

Me personally, I would get too warm, which equals more sweat, which in turn is uncomfortable and leads to getting cold!!

I have buddies that run insulated gear and I also have insulated gear but this stuff is typically used for back home when the temps are down and so is the overall activity while riding. Trail riding, ditch blasting, then yes insulated or more layers. Keep in mind even with insulated gear, I would still run some kind of layers and most important....................NO COTTON!!
Can Am Maverick X DS Turbo
Legend Enclosed Trailer (the toy box)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatDogX For This Useful Post:
christopher (08-28-2018), NorthMNSledder (08-28-2018), yosh30 (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 12:36 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,842 Times in 7,043 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh30 View Post
Interested in the difference between the insulated and non insulated in mountain riding conditions. Got a steal of a deal on an insulated motorfist mono. I've always wore non insulated and layered underneath. Will this insulated mono be way overbearing in the sweat dept.

I suppose it will have a LOT to do with just how Physical a rider you are, and how good the VENTING system is on your monosuit.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:27 PM
yosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a bigger rider at 6'3" and 225, I'm a very active rider tend to stick to the tight treed areas..I've always been a fan of just a shell with proper layering underneath, we will see how this mono turns out

Old 08-29-2018, 09:00 PM
rmk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond reputermk01r1der has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any experience with the insulated version but last year I was happy with my noninsulated mono. Definitely layered up in the early season but spring riding I had all the vents open. As long as the suit has good venting I think the insulated version would be just fine. Either way the mono's great