For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2018, 11:34 AM
Currently: dreaming of global cooling
needpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timbersled bearing removal

16 timbersled. So I have all the bearings removed from the bike as well as the drive axle (The one with the drivers on it). My question is, the double bearing housing that is on the driveshaft, is that just pressed on? I just press it off right? Thanks. By the way, what a pain to remove these bearings, especially the single bearing housing by the brake.

Edit. Just pressed it off the axle. No problem. Pressed out all the other bearings as well. Just waiting for new bearings to show up now.

Last edited by needpowder; 08-19-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-19-2018, 06:39 PM
Currently: Getting the R6 snowbike ready......
Thanked 1,339 Times in 829 Posts
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Yep.

Redneck trainwreck. (I should know I have 3) 😂

Old 08-19-2018, 07:47 PM
Currently: Not set.
dooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bearings

What is the condition of the removed bearings? Any appear ready to fail?

Old 08-19-2018, 09:35 PM
needpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooman92 View Post
What is the condition of the removed bearings? Any appear ready to fail?
They all looked fairly good actually. The inside diameter of one in particular was worn a bit though and caused some wear on the driveshaft that comes straight off the counter sprocket and has the brake on it. I will have to replace it, because even with a new bearing it wonít fit tight anymore. I will post pictures of it as soon as the snowwest lets me.

The Following User Says Thank You to needpowder For This Useful Post:
dooman92 (08-20-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 10:52 PM
Sheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond reputeSheetmetalfab has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by needpowder View Post
They all looked fairly good actually. The inside diameter of one in particular was worn a bit though and caused some wear on the driveshaft that comes straight off the counter sprocket and has the brake on it. I will have to replace it, because even with a new bearing it wonít fit tight anymore. I will post pictures of it as soon as the snowwest lets me.
Flip the jackshaft 180degrees.
The bearing will be on a new surface.

Save your money.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetmetalfab View Post
Flip the jackshaft 180degrees.
The bearing will be on a new surface.

Save your money.
I’ll have to look at it again when I get home tonight but im pretty sure it can only go one way. It’s not the long drive shaft with the drivers on it. It’s the smaller shorter one with the brake on it. I think the way the brake fits is specific but I will have another look. Thanks.

Edit:OK, so I looked it up and it’s called the jackshaft not the driveshaft. Number 4 on this schematic.http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp. Go to drivetrain, jackshaft and disc brake assembly

Last edited by needpowder; 08-20-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Currently: Riding the Beartooth Pass
Basic Member
M5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond repute

If its not too bad you may be able to use Loctite 680 on it to glue the new inner race to the shaft. I cant remember how big of a gap it'll fill off the top of my head but I have done it before. 680 is a bearing retainer compound, you just want to stop the inner race from spinning on the shaft.

M5

The Following User Says Thank You to M5- For This Useful Post:
needpowder (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needpowder View Post
Iíll have to look at it again when I get home tonight but im pretty sure it can only go one way. Itís not the long drive shaft with the drivers on it. Itís the smaller shorter one with the brake on it. I think the way the brake fits is specific but I will have another look. Thanks.

Edit:OK, so I looked it up and itís called the jackshaft not the driveshaft. Number 4 on this schematic.http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp. Go to drivetrain, jackshaft and disc brake assembly
Yes itís called the jackshaft. (See my post above)

It will definitely work flipped. (My brother has done it on his 16)

Old 08-20-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetmetalfab View Post
Yes itís called the jackshaft. (See my post above)

It will definitely work flipped. (My brother has done it on his 16)
Nice! I will check it out tonight.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Old 08-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Sheetmetalfab For This Useful Post:
needpowder (08-27-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Basic Member
M5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to M5- For This Useful Post:
needpowder (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 10:10 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 08-27-2018, 10:26 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 08-27-2018, 02:28 PM

Click Here to Register