For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Currently: Not set.
willjogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rance or Mission gooseneck aluminum trailer quality?

I've been looking to find a new or used al gooseneck for sometime now and it has been impossible to find anything on a dealer lot to look at first hand. So now I'm in the process of getting quotes for an enclosed all aluminum gooseneck trailer. I've gotten or am in the process of getting quotes from Mission, Rance, ATC, RC, and High Country. I'm having problems finding information and pictures of a Rance trailer. I feel fairly comfortable with the build quality of the Mission trailer but it is significantly higher priced than a Rance with the same options. I was wondering if anyone has purchased or has looked over a Rance trailer and what they thought about it. I'm interested in any opinions on the Mission or any other aluminum GN trailer manufacturers if anyone as any input. I'm going to be spending a significant amount of money and want to keep this trailer for a long time. The only thing I'm not happy about that I know of so far is that I can't get a spread axle option on the Rance trailer but I can get all of the other options I have looked at. nudo flooring, heater, insul, windows, fuel station,.040 skin, fuel doors, ect. Thanks
Bill

Last edited by willjogervais; 08-05-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 08-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Thanked 1,130 Times in 587 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

The only ones I know anything about are trailswest and Logan. Logan for the win easily. Only drawback is they are heavy if off highway. A couple buddies have bumper pull missions. They seem nice enough other than they put exhaust vent right where side door opens. Screwed his door up when he had it open with Hester running.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:34 AM
gonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond repute

Wasatch trailer in Layton has a new sundowner. Saw it on line not in person. Sundowner makes really high quality stuff, but not cheap.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:30 PM
Reg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond repute

Had an aluminum Rance custom built 15 years ago, and owned for 5. Sold to a buddy who still has it. It has not aged well, and it hasn't been abused. Wiring, corrosion of screws, wheels, flooring, etc., was not of the highest quality. Seen better wear, from design and better quality materials, in top line Legends and Tritons, for example. Can't speak to current models. I'd be more particular if I was looking for long-term ownership. If flipping in 2-3 years, may not matter, and actually be a better deal.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:39 PM
DUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond repute

I currently have a 29' bumper pull mission and when the time comes it will be a mission gooseneck. Trails west is not even a option. The logen are supper Nice but unless I can get one with wheel wells I won't be looking at logen either. They just plan sit way to high. For me it's mission all the way. Only thing I would recommend with the mission is upgrade to the thicker outside sheeting. Mine has a few dents that I feel wouldn't of happened with the thicker skin.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Old 08-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,368 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

Very impressed with the mission Gooseneck. Its a good height with the partially set in wheel wells. For the shop we have a 28' gooseneck and its perfect for 5 sleds and all the gear. Tows awesome and have dragged it dang near 50k miles now and still looks great besides operater error.

The logan trailers sit SO high its pretty obnoxious, I get if your taking it in some nasty spots but I guess with a 50'+ truck and trailer combo we usually stick to the beaten path and the mission has plenty of clearance. And that 1' lower makes it slice through the air doing 80 down the highway.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:42 AM
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willjogervais View Post
I've been looking to find a new or used al gooseneck for sometime now and it has been impossible to find anything on a dealer lot to look at first hand. So now I'm in the process of getting quotes for an enclosed all aluminum gooseneck trailer. I've gotten or am in the process of getting quotes from Mission, Rance, ATC, RC, and High Country. I'm having problems finding information and pictures of a Rance trailer. I feel fairly comfortable with the build quality of the Mission trailer but it is significantly higher priced than a Rance with the same options. I was wondering if anyone has purchased or has looked over a Rance trailer and what they thought about it. I'm interested in any opinions on the Mission or any other aluminum GN trailer manufacturers if anyone as any input. I'm going to be spending a significant amount of money and want to keep this trailer for a long time. The only thing I'm not happy about that I know of so far is that I can't get a spread axle option on the Rance trailer but I can get all of the other options I have looked at. nudo flooring, heater, insul, windows, fuel station,.040 skin, fuel doors, ect. Thanks
Bill
Just curious, what is the ball park price on a pretty basic rance GN? Length?

A buddys uncle had a rance bumper pull, I was in it when it was new and it SEEMED like a nice trailer. I think it was decent to him but he only had it a few years before going to a GN Mission. They love the Mission BTW.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:56 PM
willjogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond repute

around 17k for the 32'rance, 19.8k for the mission but the base rance has 6k axles, 16' aluminum 8 bolt wheels, bogey wheels on back, rear stabilizer jacks, standard 2 speed jacks, and 8-5000lb d rings. The mission comes with 5200lb axles, 15" steel wheels, single speed manual jacks, and half as many d rings but does come standard with an adjustable gooseneck. I believe the Mission also comes standard with an enclosed gooseneck storage compartment for your propane tanks and batteries where it is a $920 option for the rance.
I think that is a must. Outside of that, most of the options are fairly close to one another on price. The Rance has a fuel tank option that I really like though- it comes with two 40 gallon tanks that you can pump out of seperately. It would be really nice when if mixing av fuel for a turbo. although it is $2175 compared to the single 30gal tank that you can get for the mission at $1632. These are the prices I've been quoted, I haven't met with either dealer yet to do any haggling. I haven't made my mind up yet what I'm going to do but as of now I'm leaning towards the Rance. Both optioned equally the way I want them, Rance is about $3000 cheaper than the same mission and it has a better fuel tank, r5 vs r3 insulation, however I can't get a spread axle in the rance.

The Following User Says Thank You to willjogervais For This Useful Post:
goridedoo (08-17-2018)