Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Proclimb M 2012 and beyond

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Scherps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on torque specs for steering

Does anyone know the torque specs for the bolt that connects the whole steering swivel to the chassis? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steering.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	296378  

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 07-15-2018, 07:53 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Youhttps://support.countrycat.com/?feed=recent

Just tighten to the point the steering starts to get tight with all the front end of the ground

Last edited by kiliki; 07-15-2018 at 07:55 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 07-24-2018, 06:26 AM
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherps View Post
Does anyone know the torque specs for the bolt that connects the whole steering swivel to the chassis? Thank you!
35 ft lbs

Old 07-27-2018, 10:17 AM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

if its the 10mm, i could not get mine tight enough to get rid of the slop. that needs attention cat.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:58 AM
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno*jet View Post
if its the 10mm, i could not get mine tight enough to get rid of the slop. that needs attention cat.
Your right it does need attention, you can tighten that bolt all you want but the movement is still in there. I built shims and that got rid of the play. I found that all my steering play was originating at the bell crank, (after replacing the upper bushings). I am going to take the bell crank out this fall and make it right, so I don't need shims and possibly add a grease zerk.