For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Proclimb M 2012 and beyond

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2018, 07:34 AM
Currently: done
Basic Member
2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Mountain cat

I just picked me up a new 2018 mountain cat 153 snowmobile what are some things you guys are changing to help perform better between 6 to 9000 feet elevation the gearing is 19/50 are you changing this or you leaving at stock. Looking to get rid of giant exhaust can was thinkin going GGB?? I am not looking to do any motor work or no turbo just looking at some things I could do to help it do a little better in the deep snow thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Currently: Not set.
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

If you go GGB get the trail can, they are even almost too loud. Most will recommend to get gripper skis.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to goridedoo For This Useful Post:
2xturbo (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 05:53 PM
ndfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond repute

As far as a silencers go, it is my opinion Diamond S is the top dog. I have the quiet can and the craftsmanship and quality is great. I had loud cans before and now that I have a quiet one I will be keeping things quiet from now on. On my SO's 6000 is the Speedwerx L2 can, it's too loud for me especially when I have to give a ski tug, but besides the noise it gets the job done and it had held together well.

Last year was the first year I tried aftermarket boards. Unless Cat comes up with something different in the future, I will continue to add aftermarket boards. I went with B&M Fabrications and they are fantastic. Snow evacuates completely and the grip was too good in my case as the traction screws ripped two pairs of pants. When I add them to my 19 I will be going with traction blocks from TKI.

Quite a few people had issues with the rear tunnel section bending, so an aftermarket bumper might be necessary. I had a Rogue Concepts bumper and didn't have any issues with the rear sections.

I would also replace the controls with the stock 19 parts, throttle body and break reservoir/lever. I used the Speedwerx kit this year, and it was nice when it functioned but it didn't work all the time.

For skis I put on a pair of grippers which was my first time using them and I have no complaints. I didn't have any issues with darting or diving.

Many people will tell you just to ride it and that is defiantly an option, but for me, the absolute minimum would be a can and set of grippers.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndfb35 For This Useful Post:
2xturbo (05-27-2018), sno*jet (05-29-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Currently: Braaaaap
Vertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond reputeVertical-Extreme has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Get a can and set up the suspension. Ride the **** out of it.
The only other thing I do is swap the steering to the laydown with a post forwarabd CFR bars. But that is personal preference.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
The ultimate Stock Bore M8000 PC: Full Jaws Set up - Reaper Hood - Custom Cold Air Intake - BD Fuel Control - Arctic Edge Clutching - Arctic Edge Tuning-TKI Belt Drive W/ oil delete - Gripper Skis - 3" C3 post forward kit, PHC 7 deg. bars '16 front end.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vertical-Extreme For This Useful Post:
2xturbo (05-27-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 05:54 PM
ndfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond reputendfb35 has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to mention, as with all air shocks don't be afraid to change the settings to what works for you, this plays a vital role in the handling of the sled.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndfb35 For This Useful Post:
2xturbo (05-27-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 07:40 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical-Extreme View Post
Get a can and set up the suspension. Ride the **** out of it.
The only other thing I do is swap the steering to the laydown with a post forwarabd CFR bars. But that is personal preference.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

i agree with all of this but I do NOT like the laydown post and as he said personal preference for sure.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:53 PM
Currently: Alpha Hawk!
Thanked 1,083 Times in 536 Posts
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Seal the intake before u ingest snow. (By goggle bag)

Gripper skis are a huge improvement! Stock skis suck when u get a crusty layer on top of powder. Like a serious death wobble down hills.

Roll the bar riser forward till it is at 90° or a touch more forward.

Within 500 miles u will need to buy wild child's steering bushings.

If ur not yet aware, don't freak out when u first ride it. There is a rev limiter during the break in.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summ8rmk For This Useful Post:
2xturbo (05-27-2018), sno*jet (05-29-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 08:07 PM
Currently: Meh....
dunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond reputedunatyk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by summ8rmk View Post
Seal the intake before u ingest snow. (By goggle bag)

Gripper skis are a huge improvement! Stock skis suck when u get a crusty layer on top of powder. Like a serious death wobble down hills.

Roll the bar riser forward till it is at 90° or a touch more forward.

Within 500 miles u will need to buy wild child's steering bushings.

If ur not yet aware, don't freak out when u first ride it. There is a rev limiter during the break in.

Is the area by the google bag the only place that needs to be sealed up better?

Old 05-27-2018, 02:08 AM
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunatyk View Post
Is the area by the google bag the only place that needs to be sealed up better?
Those r gaping holes but there could be small gaps where the intake plenum halves bolt together. I used black RTV up in the front on the small gaps.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:18 AM
Basic Member
2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute2xturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-27-2018, 07:37 AM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to kiliki For This Useful Post:
2xturbo (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 06:58 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 05-28-2018, 08:14 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to summ8rmk For This Useful Post:
2xturbo (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 06-03-2018, 02:00 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summ8rmk For This Useful Post:
2xturbo (06-03-2018), fudge313 (06-05-2018)