For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
huntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Code P0261 fix?

Code P0261.
Sled - 2015 RMK 600
Miles - 700 ish

This code has to do with the fuel injectors. What are the odds that the injector itself is bad? I have had the code cleared. Should I take it in and get fixed in the shop or....check wiring, check and clean connections, and send some injector cleaner through system? And just pray the code doesn't pop up again. It's my wife's sled, she is afraid of getting stranded way up on the hill. Any suggestions?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Currently: <<In-House PolarisTechnician not as involved in the shop
Thanked 1,482 Times in 866 Posts
diamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond repute

This is an ELECTRICAL fault with one (or both) of the injectors. It can be wiring related, injector related, or ECU related. (Related=Caused)

I have found quite a few this year with this issue and all have been defective injectors. But I would still check wiring very closely.

Given that these injectors develop excessive carbon deposits at early mileage due to the central location on the engine (SDI) I would highly recommend replacement. This issue has nothing to do with the trouble code just another good reason to replace them.

Sending injector cleaner will do nothing to solve this since the code is tripped due to an electrical fault and not a mechanical fault.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave For This Useful Post:
huntfish64 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
huntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond reputehuntfish64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info. Is this going to keep happening after I get the injectors changed out? And if so, is there anything preemptive I can do so it doesn't happen again?