Ski-Doo: TURBO Turbo discussion for Ski-Doo aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2018, 08:34 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
MktDBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 850 2018 SilberTurbo - negative review

Hello all.

I want to share my experience with SilberTurbo.

I bought new sled Summit X 850 165 specially for SilberTurbo kit. My friend in Chicago helped me to order brand bew kit directly from Silber Turbo site. At the same time I sent ECU from my sled to Justin Silber to reflash it for turbo kit as he requested. I live in Russia and shipping takes usually 2 weeks. While ECU where reflashed and returned back we installed turbo kit to the new sled with guys who are experienced in snowmobiles and turbo and were waited for ECU coming...

Timeline:
08 Nov 2017 - turbokit was paid
17 Jan 2018 - the first run run on a flat near garage

Up to this point everything went according to the plan. And I dreamed to make my first ride on this turbosled and waited for fresh powder.

But on the 1st Feb 2018 Bret Rassmussen came to Russia to Priiskovy and I got a chance to give my sled to Mr Bret and get some feedback (of course a positive).

That was a great fail. My friends who organized Brat’s trip expressed me a lot of negativity. Because silber turbo didn’t run. RPM in a full throtle wasn’t higher than 6500 and sled was worse than with learning key. Bret sweated with Silverturbo all day and asked not to give him this **** anymore.

Nobody knows what were happening with turbokit taht day and what is the problem. The fuel was the best we ccould get in Russia. And etc.

First of all I contacted with Justin and he asked me if it possible to send ECU back to USA again. Ok, no problem Justin. I have more than one sled and it is Ok for me to make turbo run in the end of season. In a few weeks Justin get my ECU and dissapeared for a week. Didn’t answer email and phone. Time passed to the muddle of March. And there were no reply still. Finally I tired to enduring and made a claim to SilverTurbo in PayPal. Jonh revealed immediately! He said that will not return the money back and if we do not withdraw the claim he will not return us the ECU. Paypal is cancelled our refund request and Justin decided to teach us a lesson. And still pretends that no no ECU knows.

Finally I have season sucked. My Ecu is held as hostage by Justin.

The main conclusions are:

1. Justin with his Silber Turbo doesn’t care about hiss customers. He loves cash only
2. In case of difficulties with the turbo kit, Justin will arrange you a real hell. But on the contrary should help in every possible way.

Silber Turbo is the worst client experience I ever had. And Justin has the talent of a swindler.

I do not recommend you to buy Silver Turbo. It is not an easy ride as advertised. I waste all season to make turbo rub but still on the same place. In USA or Canada you will lost half of season thanks to fast delivery.

Keep you updated

PS guys I need you help and advice how to make moneyback!

Last edited by MktDBS; 03-30-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to MktDBS For This Useful Post:
Snowmow (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 10:09 AM
dansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond reputedansvan has a reputation beyond repute

I too have had negative experiences with Justin. This needs to be posted in the General or Mountain riding section.

The Following User Says Thank You to dansvan For This Useful Post:
Snowmow (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 10:49 AM
Chadly has disabled reputation

I would suggest you guys stick to stock sleds. Turbos are for guys who have secondary sleds who don't get pissed when their turbo doesn't run. These guys who say they run flawless and have zero issues are one of three types of people. 1. They are like the two guys on here that work and sell for the turbo companies, Who say they run flawless with zero issues. 2. They are the type of guy that is too embarrassed to say he spent all this money for something that hardly works 3. They ride 4 times a year with their wife on the trail and their say their turbo runs flawless because it makes that cool fluttering sound every time they let off the throttle. 99.9% of people shouldn't be riding turbos anyway. Your stock sled is probably way more than you can handle. And last but not least, I especially would suggest buying something 12,000 miles away who does zero testing in your area is even more naive then thinking your turbo is going to be pull and go. My turbo sled has been broken more than it ran this season. You don't see me crying on here bashing the company who made it.

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chadly For This Useful Post:
ak (03-31-2018), dttrusko (04-05-2018), Jblaze74 (08-08-2018), Solarguy (03-30-2018), tdbaugha (03-31-2018), tmberro (04-01-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 12:34 PM
Basic Member
lynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond reputelynxmann has a reputation beyond repute

To answer Chadly it maybe naive to think a turbokit will be pull and go but this is what Silber have advertised their kit as. I got two kits from Silber this season and put one on one of my sleds but the kit does not work because as soon as the sled is at running temperature and boost comes on it goes lean and starts to detonate(no it is not overreving) and we are running 50/50 mix of pumpgas and 110octane on the 3 psi spring(close to sea level)

So okay we got an issue not a big deal we contact Silber to get help to figure this out and is basically being told there is no issue with the turbo kit it must be a sled issue. I got a new stock ecu and the sled runs flawless and to make a long story short Silber have no interest in helping us make these kits run as advertised.
I have been in the sled business for close to 20 years and going foreward im not dealing with Silber anymore because they have made it quite clear they are not really standing behind the product they advertise and sell.

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Dazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadly View Post
I would suggest you guys stick to stock sleds. Turbos are for guys who have secondary sleds who don't get pissed when their turbo doesn't run. These guys who say they run flawless and have zero issues are one of three types of people. 1. They are like the two guys on here that work and sell for the turbo companies, Who say they run flawless with zero issues. 2. They are the type of guy that is too embarrassed to say he spent all this money for something that hardly works 3. They ride 4 times a year with their wife on the trail and their say their turbo runs flawless because it makes that cool fluttering sound every time they let off the throttle. 99.9% of people shouldn't be riding turbos anyway. Your stock sled is probably way more than you can handle. And last but not least, I especially would suggest buying something 12,000 miles away who does zero testing in your area is even more naive then thinking your turbo is going to be pull and go. My turbo sled has been broken more than it ran this season. You don't see me crying on here bashing the company who made it.
I would suggest you change something, your brand of turbo, brand of sled, mechanic or maybe all three.. I do not sell turbos, my wife does not ride sleds, I do not ride trails other than to get to the alpine, and I have put on thousands of pull and go, trouble free turbo miles since 2011..
Maybe I'm just lucky!!!

However the above story seems to be more consistent with Silber installs than any other brand these days.

Last edited by Dazzler; 03-30-2018 at 01:31 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzler For This Useful Post:
IDspud (03-31-2018), madmax (04-05-2018), sledhead9825 (03-30-2018), Snowmow (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 02:16 PM
Thanked 1,130 Times in 587 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

Chadly bought an mpi. My buddy has one and I'm not a fan so there should be another choice or two.

#4. Somebody bought a turbo that doesn't run right so they tell people none of them run right to make themselves feel better for buying the wrong turbo.

#5. This guys turbo actually runs flawless minus doo crappy venting so hoses and wiring were melting and a pinhole in a coolant hose. That is really minor with a turbo so yes, flawless, never bogged once. 7900 all day. First one I ever had that never bogged a time or two.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turboless terry For This Useful Post:
IDspud (03-31-2018), live2beel (03-31-2018), Snowmow (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 02:32 PM

I have run multiple turbos. I have accepted that they are all a pain in the ***. My MPI has run great a few rides this season. I also ride a lot more than most people on this forum and ride harder than most people. Nobody is riding a turbo as much as I ride and doesn't have problems. And for the guys like you Turboless that live in your little perfect turbo worlds, explain to me that if turbos are so perfect and awesome, why I have I never met a single sponsored rider (who gets everything for free including turbos) Who rides a turbo every day? You're not going to find it because the sleds take way more maintenance and tinkering to keep running. Any one of these companies could send me their turbo for free and I am always going to keep an NA sled for WHEN (not if) the turbo breaks down. I love how everyone criticizes me for telling people don't buy a turbo unless you have another sled. Let alone the fact I would say most of you don't even need a turbo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chadly For This Useful Post:
dttrusko (04-05-2018), PaulAnd (04-01-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Currently: trials213mt@gmail.com
Solarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have run multiple turbos. I have accepted that they are all a pain in the ***. My MPI has run great a few rides this season. I also ride a lot more than most people on this forum and ride harder than most people. Nobody is riding a turbo as much as I ride and doesn't have problems. And for the guys like you Turboless that live in your little perfect turbo worlds, explain to me that if turbos are so perfect and awesome, why I have I never met a single sponsored rider (who gets everything for free including turbos) Who rides a turbo every day? You're not going to find it because the sleds take way more maintenance and tinkering to keep running. Any one of these companies could send me their turbo for free and I am always going to keep an NA sled for WHEN (not if) the turbo breaks down. I love how everyone criticizes me for telling people don't buy a turbo unless you have another sled. Let alone the fact I would say most of you don't even need a turbo.
Chadly is spot on, especially the 99.9% of us don't and shouldn't have a turbo. I rode a turbo for 2 full seasons and never rode it as good as a na sled...period. I broke more **** in those two seasons being out of control and was stuck more. Switched back to a na sled and ride it in places I struggled on a turbo, a lot to be said about being in control and riding precision lines in steep, treed terrain. Turbos are exciting and certainly will get you up the mountain.
IMO

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-30-2018, 05:55 PM
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep nobody rides as hard as you. I just blew through 12 gallon the other day playing in the trees not trail riding with my wife. I only put a 1000 miles on a year now because I have a little one so I don't ride as hard as I used to but I will play on stuff most don't. I am not much for shutting things down or letting things cool off. I have rode turboed for 20 years exactly and this one has been flawless. I don't have an extra sled but I could steal my wife's or buddy's sled if needed. Maybe not everyone has that luck. My experience is mostly bad installs. Not taking enough time. I have had a bad pin on a boondockers box and had to fight with it until I figured it out. I haven't been immune to problems but I either figured it out or knew people that could figure it out. This turbo has been flawless. Get over it. Could have problems tomorrow. It's a 2 stroke but as of now it is hands down flawless and best one I ever had and yes I got more miles on turboed than you ever thought of. Just because you have troubles or have bought some crappy used turbo from tony or Bret doesn't mean somebody else stuff doesn't run.
Just keep hanging with 1500 psi and telling yourself it's because you ride so hard. Have a nice day.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:07 PM
The Following User Says Thank You to Chadly For This Useful Post:
Solarguy (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-30-2018, 06:20 PM
DUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-30-2018, 07:14 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-30-2018, 08:25 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2018, 09:25 AM
JJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ_0909 For This Useful Post:
turboless terry (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 AM
JJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2018, 09:36 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJ_0909 For This Useful Post:
Nooby (08-14-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 10:04 AM
Currently: trials213mt@gmail.com
Solarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2018, 10:23 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ_0909 For This Useful Post:
High Voltage (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 01:36 PM
Currently: Engines without turbo sucks!
TBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to TBird For This Useful Post:
Snowmow (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 02:58 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2018, 05:48 PM
Basic Member
jackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2018, 05:57 PM
Currently: Great season with friends this year!
Thanked 1,120 Times in 579 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2018, 07:22 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2018, 07:24 PM

Click Here to Register