For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2018, 09:03 PM
Currently: working
rockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2016 polaris with silber runs rough in am.

When I start and let my sled warm up in the morning it seems to run rough like the plugs are fouled. engine doesn't sound normal either. once I get going it clears up and runs great the rest of the day. Would this be caused because coolant is not ran thru the throttle bodies anymore maybe they are icing up. Or could it be the mapping in ecu. blows out a lot of smoke also the first couple of times when I get on the gas.
87 Indy 400 136

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Currently: <<In-House PolarisTechnician not as involved in the shop
Thanked 1,482 Times in 866 Posts
diamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond repute

How many miles on the sled? Have you tried a new set of plugs?

I worked on one that did this and installed the arctic Cat BR9EYA plugs and fixed the issue. Worked well for about 400 miles when it happened again and upon engine tear down found the piston rings were wasted.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (03-26-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
sumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond repute

plugs are always a good start but they do have a tendency to load a bit in the morning do to the cold engine temps and long idle period to get them warm. if that's all the problem you have all day I would chalk it up to being boosted {mapping} on warm up.... if I remember right silber mentions that it might load on idle and says to just ride it out... ben a wile since I watched the vid. so don't quote me on that

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sumtinwong For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (03-26-2018), Wheel House Motorsports (03-25-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Currently: easing into Winter......
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute

Some of my clients Silber turbo sleds showed these signs of cold idle treats as yours.( loading up)
We started using the tether cord and had it pinched between the throttle block flipper opening- to help with the cold first idle... until I adjusted the TPS.
After adjusting it ( all sleds) -all cold idle issues went away- and never have come back in the past 2 years- NO more having to use the tether.. but it will work in a "pinch"- ( sorry for the pun) if you don't have the time to adjust, but that took care of ours..
TKI.
F-N-I.
K-Mod.
2016 Axys LTD 163 W/Silber Turbo/K-Mod Gen III/TKI

The Following User Says Thank You to Sage Crusher For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 07:24 PM
rockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
How many miles on the sled? Have you tried a new set of plugs?

I worked on one that did this and installed the arctic Cat BR9EYA plugs and fixed the issue. Worked well for about 400 miles when it happened again and upon engine tear down found the piston rings were wasted.
Only 340 miles on sled. I have the ngk br9es plugs gapped at 18 thousandths
87 Indy 400 136

Old 03-26-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Crusher View Post
Some of my clients Silber turbo sleds showed these signs of cold idle treats as yours.( loading up)
We started using the tether cord and had it pinched between the throttle block flipper opening- to help with the cold first idle... until I adjusted the TPS.
After adjusting it ( all sleds) -all cold idle issues went away- and never have come back in the past 2 years- NO more having to use the tether.. but it will work in a "pinch"- ( sorry for the pun) if you don't have the time to adjust, but that took care of ours..
I will check the TPS I made a tool for my dragon I think it should work for this sled also.
87 Indy 400 136

Old 03-26-2018, 07:36 PM
Currently: <<In-House PolarisTechnician not as involved in the shop
Thanked 1,482 Times in 866 Posts
diamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond reputediamonddave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin rmk View Post
Only 340 miles on sled. I have the ngk br9es plugs gapped at 18 thousandths

BR9ES or BPR9ES?

If you are not running at least the BPR9ES (which is the stock plug) then you need to change immediately.

Better runnability, more crisp with the BR9EYA (Arctic Cat plug) and less plug fouling, when the ring wear in these 800 HO's begins to allow oil past the rings.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
BR9ES or BPR9ES?

If you are not running at least the BPR9ES (which is the stock plug) then you need to change immediately.

Better runnability, more crisp with the BR9EYA (Arctic Cat plug) and less plug fouling, when the ring wear in these 800 HO's begins to allow oil past the rings.
Have the BPR9ES. Will try to find the other plugs and try them..
87 Indy 400 136

Old 03-28-2018, 07:33 PM

Anyone have the TPS specs?
87 Indy 400 136

Old 03-28-2018, 08:11 PM
Currently: easing into Winter......
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute
The Following User Says Thank You to Sage Crusher For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (04-08-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 11:28 AM
Currently: Snowman.Pro
Basic Member
Snowman.PRO. is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register