For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Youth Sleds Includes all Polaris Dragon/XC 120, Arctic Cat Z120, Ski-Doo Mini-Z, 340cc Polaris Indy Lights, Arctic Cat 340s, Yamaha Bravos, Yamaha Scoots / Sports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2018, 11:12 AM
Currently: Not set.
SpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone seen the new Evo from Polaris?

Very interested in this sled for my 8 year old. Has anyone had a chance to see them in person?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-22-2018, 12:45 PM
Thanked 6,621 Times in 4,259 Posts
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute

Havenít seen one yet.

Heard from a friend (that was at the Polaris new model expo in Florida) that itís a smaller sled than what it looks likes in pictures.

To bad it wasnít lighter, fuel injected, longer track and deeper lugs. Real shame for anyone in the mountains.

I picked up a 2016 IQR 600 recently in a trade deal. It has a 128Ē 1.75Ēlug track. Itís also just carbureted. For the price and capabilities I think a IQRís are a great option if you havenít looked at them.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

My Dad just ordered one for one of his customers. Each dealer only gets one. I canít wait to check it out and see how the transition from the 200 is for the boy getting it. This is his third new sled in as many years. 120,200,EVO.

I agree that it would have a longer track etc etc but Polaris is trying to keep the price down and the target audience is getting kids to join their families in a trail riding setting.
I believe my Dads customer already has an eye for a 136-141 and some better shocks but I keep imploring them to try it as is first.

My first ďbigĒ sled was a 440 fan with a 121. An old Prowler from back in the day. I learned how to jump and sidehill on that sled. I think this one will do just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'94 ZR 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!
Together We Ride T+D 12-24-07

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-23-2018, 10:36 AM
SpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond reputeSpencerA has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys think this is a big upgrade from a 03 340? My 8 year old wants more off trail capabilities. 340 is do wide and rider position is to far back. Should I look for s freestyle or get a eco and put a talller lug?

Old 03-23-2018, 07:27 PM
Snowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond reputeSnowmow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerA View Post
Do you guys think this is a big upgrade from a 03 340? My 8 year old wants more off trail capabilities. 340 is do wide and rider position is to far back. Should I look for s freestyle or get a eco and put a talller lug?

For me. I donít see where the EVO Bridges any gaps in the snowmobile chain. Unless your stuck on saying you own a brand new sled model for your kid. Really donít see any advantage over a Freestyl or a iqr600.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:06 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,937 Times in 4,588 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I've ridden it.

Chris Brown, Eric Woog, Darrin Pfost and I ran them around a field in West Yellowstone in 2 feet of virgin set up powder.

There is a lot to say about this sled.

It's not necessarily a children's sled.
It bridges the gap so that new riders don't feel intimidated by bigger wider or taller faster sleds.

You can remove the throttle block so they can have a longer throttle range or pull. You can get past that governor when you change the throttle block so if you have somebody that wants to dive off the trail and hammer the throttle you have a little bit more to work with.

It goes 50 miles an hour.

Marty Sampson told us that they had a couple of young non-motorsport college girls be their test mules when they developed the sled. They put a lot of hours in field testing and on the trails. They took them out on the trails after a while and put them on the bigger sleds. All the girls wanted was to go back to the Evo.

It's lower, a little wider, more stable, more comfortable, and less intimidating.
It's not intended to be an EVO RMK.
(I SUSPECT there may be something like that in the future though, for the more western EVO customer)
The difference is like going from sitting on the RMK and moving over to the Rush or the XC.

It has a more plush and ergonomicly comfortable feel for a trail ride for an inexperienced rider.

If you take your grandmother or your inexperienced wife or your bigger children out on this thing it will be great for them.

Now that I've been around it, listened to the engineers and RODE IT... I get it. I really get it this is a great idea for them.

Ambassador for:
FB & IG: Scott Stiegler

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Check out these cool products:

Last edited by Scott; 03-24-2018 at 12:37 PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Merlin (03-25-2018), Reeb (03-23-2018), volcano buster (03-24-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 07:53 PM
Currently: Where's the snow?
Merlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeMerlin has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
(I SUSPECT there may be something like that in the future though, for the more western EVO customer)

Old 03-25-2018, 08:52 PM

I think Iím going to order one. With a longer track and taller lug it will be perfect for my 8 year old.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:31 PM
Currently: Hooray for Snow!
Escmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 things!!!!!

I would only NEED to see two things different on an "EVO RMK" model in order to have absolute plans to buy one in a year or two(right now my kid is still REALLY happy on his snoscoot).

1. Un-lower it. This would be the easiest change in the world. Just give it the standard indy skid instead of this weird modified lowered skid they put on it.

2. Put 1.75" lugs on it. Exact track match here. It's just a little different PO to Camoplast. That's it. This should be the second easiest change in the world.

There are other things that would be good too (narrower ski stance, geared down, belt drive, carbon parts), but just those two things would be enough to tip me over the edge completely. It seems so easy. What am I missing?

But to answer the initial question, no I haven't seen one, I would love to check one out. Unfortunately, with each dealer only getting one, it might be a while before I actually see one in person.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Reeb (03-28-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 12:45 AM
Escmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 01:01 AM
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 01:27 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Escmanaze For This Useful Post:
Reeb (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 02:04 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 09:38 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 12:36 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 04:13 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 06:38 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 10:19 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 10:23 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 10:44 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-29-2018, 10:55 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Bushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond reputeBushwacker1 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Bushwacker1 For This Useful Post:
Merlin (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 11:20 PM
volcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-31-2018, 09:47 PM

Click Here to Register