For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2018, 05:50 PM
Currently: working when I should be riding
Wrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looks like a bad servo motor again '09 M8T

My sled started running horrible when it hits 6k RPM and won't rev past that, strong up to that point though, just made it out of east quartz yesterday. Didn't notice a code, but after pulling the tank today and checking wires to PV motor, ohming out the harness, bench testing the motor. I tried to ride again, same thing, now getting code 16, got it home, put in shop, had a beer, went out started, now code 18. Second time the PV motor has failed. When I took it apart, found all there really is in there is a POT and motor. Motor works with bench test, so it's the POT that fails. Anyone tried to buy one? I found this thread on it, but it's pretty old, I'm wondering if the POT may be available, then we could repair these things instead of having to replace

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forum...r-testing.html

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-18-2018, 06:06 PM
Wrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond reputeWrenchmaster has a reputation beyond repute

Just took apart the motor unit to get the part number for the servo motor pot. Did a search and found the part available on ebay for $35!! can buy one at a time, so for 1/10 of the price of new, we can fix our PV motor unit, better not throw out the old ones
Here's the part:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RVQ24YN03-2...-/370855726320

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrenchmaster For This Useful Post:
snopro75 (03-18-2018), XCaSSAULT (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Currently: Sled is a pro...not me
Basic Member
snopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant futuresnopro75 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the heads up. No reason to buy the whole dang thing if this is all it needs. Could save a few bucks. Prolly made in the same plant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-CO...wgQ9Vm4~N#rwid

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to snopro75 For This Useful Post:
Wrenchmaster (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 08:20 AM

I'm pretty sure they are, have the same brand markings, part number, even color. I'm trying to find one closer than China. Their used for electric scooter throttle controls, but the crooks selling them for scooter applications want hundreds for them, same part exactly. Found one ebay seller in US, I don't mind paying a little more if it gets it to me quick