For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Currently: Not set.
polarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Silber Axys keeps detonating

I've got a '17 axys running a silber kit and i've been fighting it all year with detonating. I've ran it anywhere from 7,000-10,000 ft. With race gas and without race gas, on eth mode and off eth mode, 3 lb, 5lb, and 7lb. I've changed springs and helix and weights and for some reason just wants to det when I'm in and out of the throttle. Wide open pulls are fine but whenever I'm boondocking it wants to do it. I'm currently running a a lime green spring in the front, black and silver in the back with a 48 straight helix. Weights are venom, loaded lightest in the middle, second lightest at the heel, and heaviest at the toe weighing at 76 grams. I want to put an almond spring in the front and was thinking of moving the weight around from the heel to the mid. Any insight would be very much appreciated!!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Currently: waiting.......
doudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond repute

If you have run it on race gas, im assuming it is not an octane issue. With that i prefer av gas 100ll, as it is more stable than race fuel. Race fuel loses its octane ratting relativly quickly. At 7lbs im mixing 2gal of 100ll to 3gal of 91non ethonal. I am also premixing 100:1 with injection oil for insurance purposes. Running in the ethonal mode on the sled.

I would suspect that the det sensor may have issues. I dont know off the top of my head but the sensor needs to be torqued to a specific range to function properly. It also has a specific angle that it needs to be oriented too, with relation to the cylinder head. I would research those two to make sure your not getting a false det reading. This is where i would start.

Checking that the waste gate is operating smothly is something else i would check. With the spring out, you should be able to pull it up and push it down with out any resistance.

As far as my clutching set up at 7lbs, im running team almond primary spring with venoms at 74g red slugs in the tip and heel, blue in the middle. Secondary i have settled on 40/46 helix with the team black/silver spring.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:52 AM
doudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond repute

With that i know just enough to be dangerous.......,

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-03-2018, 10:54 AM
polarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond reputepolarisboyc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudea View Post
If you have run it on race gas, im assuming it is not an octane issue. With that i prefer av gas 100ll, as it is more stable than race fuel. Race fuel loses its octane ratting relativly quickly. At 7lbs im mixing 2gal of 100ll to 3gal of 91non ethonal. I am also premixing 100:1 with injection oil for insurance purposes. Running in the ethonal mode on the sled.

I would suspect that the det sensor may have issues. I dont know off the top of my head but the sensor needs to be torqued to a specific range to function properly. It also has a specific angle that it needs to be oriented too, with relation to the cylinder head. I would research those two to make sure your not getting a false det reading. This is where i would start.

Checking that the waste gate is operating smothly is something else i would check. With the spring out, you should be able to pull it up and push it down with out any resistance.

As far as my clutching set up at 7lbs, im running team almond primary spring with venoms at 74g red slugs in the tip and heel, blue in the middle. Secondary i have settled on 40/46 helix with the team black/silver spring.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll check my waste gate and the det sensor. I put my 3 lb spring in this last weekend riding around 8,000 ft with premium and it was still detonating. Thats why I'm not sure if octane is the problem but maybe I should start running 100 just to be safe.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:58 AM

It most definitely shouldn’t be detonating with the 3lb spring. With that I highly suspect the sensor is throwing false det readings.

The Following User Says Thank You to doudea For This Useful Post:
Snowman.PRO. (09-21-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
It most definitely shouldn’t be detonating with the 3lb spring. With that I highly suspect the sensor is throwing false det readings.
Thats kind of what I'm thinking too. Have you heard of any det sensors going out on these sleds?

Old 03-03-2018, 11:11 AM

Honestly not, but on my previous turbo pro which uses the same Det sensor I experienced false det codes. Because I didn’t get it torqued properly. I know it is very sensitive to angle and proper torque. I believe it works off changing electrical resistance that reacts to harmonics put off by the engine. So when det is occurring in the engine a significantly different harmonic is occurring which is what the det sensor triggers off of. So with improper setup it can be inaccurate.

Again don’t take this to the bank, because I honestly know just enough to confuse myself.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Honestly not, but on my previous turbo pro which uses the same Det sensor I experienced false det codes. Because I didn’t get it torqued properly. I know it is very sensitive to angle and proper torque. I believe it works off changing electrical resistance that reacts to harmonics put off by the engine. So when det is occurring in the engine a significantly different harmonic is occurring which is what the det sensor triggers off of. So with improper setup it can be inaccurate.

Again don’t take this to the bank, because I honestly know just enough to confuse myself.
No thats some good info, I appreciate it. I'm almost to the point of taking the stupid thing off and wrapping some foam around it or something

Old 03-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Thanked 1,171 Times in 604 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't have det with 5 pound spring at that elevation. I built a 16 silber axys and ran 5 pound spring on pump. I sold it to my buddy and he still runs it the same. Unless they changed compression or timing or something, on the 17, you have over rev or something else going on.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Old 03-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Thanked 1,171 Times in 604 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 02:16 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Dazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond reputeDazzler has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 02:43 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 03:18 PM
snoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to snoballssnoglory For This Useful Post:
revrider07 (03-03-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 04:47 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 05:10 PM
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 06:00 PM
snoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 06:02 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Currently: Power Clawing the Axys....
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-04-2018, 01:15 AM
Currently: on another forum
Basic Member
icr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond reputeicr has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to icr For This Useful Post:
Spaarky (03-04-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Currently: Moved Into Maximum Security Cell
Spaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond reputeSpaarky has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-04-2018, 06:37 PM

Click Here to Register