For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2018, 04:18 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
lasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud of
Question Oil Injection delete/elimination... ?

I have done a Oil Injection delete/elimination on wife's Crossfire since the oil pump not working satisfactory.

But something does not seems to be ok when the Engine is running.

I have filled the space where the water pump shaft is with oil and mounted a small oil reservoir instead of the large bulky one.
But as soon as I start the engine, It starts to consume oil from the oil reservoir and the level drops
and the engine smoke like crazy.

Is not the space where the water pump's shaft sits sealed against the crankcases ?
Or do the crank have a bad seal against the waterpump shaft space so the oil just leaks through ?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-26-2018, 06:03 AM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

each side has a ring with a split in it and the oil will pass.
use the BDX oil delete and just put 10 pumps of grease in it every 500 miles or so. I cut a hole in the belly pan and use the rubber plug from the center of the intake plenum mounted under the hood and cover the hole under the hood with heat tape. lay it on the side take the plug out pull the bolt from the center of the case and add grease, put plug and bolt back it. takes 5 min

The Following User Says Thank You to kiliki For This Useful Post:
Reeb (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Basic Member
lasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud oflasse has much to be proud of
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiliki View Post
Each side has a ring with a split in it and the oil will pass.
I do not understand what you mean, can you develop your answer ?

According to the exploded view, there is a crank seal on each side of the water pump shaft.
This should mean that the space is sealed to the respective crankcase.

# 20 ( Middle Crank Seal , # 3005-597 )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 vevaxel moddad 2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	293617  

Old 02-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Basic Member
Question

This is what I have done....

I have used a oil injection delete bottle from Rotax ( very small ).
I have connected one hose to the block off plate,
and the other one to the lowest point under the engine.
The pictures below are quite self-explanatory.

FYI: The Pictures are not from wife's sled !!
I just posted them so you all got an idea what I have done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AA1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	293618   Click image for larger version

Name:	AA5.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	293619   Click image for larger version

Name:	AA2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	293620  

Name:	AA3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	293621   Click image for larger version

Name:	AA4.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	293622  

Old 02-27-2018, 12:06 AM
Currently: making room in the garage :)
Thunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder101 has a reputation beyond repute

I have not had any troubles deleting the oil pump on these engines (800cc). I run 32:1 and ride it. Don’t bother with grease or a drip set up. Just ride it. It will be fine, oil gets in there !

Old 02-27-2018, 07:03 AM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

look at your #20 it is metal and number 18 rides around it. so not a complete seal.
you can do as thunder101 states but i add the grease just for extra lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasse View Post
I do not understand what you mean, can you develop your answer ?

According to the exploded view, there is a crank seal on each side of the water pump shaft.
This should mean that the space is sealed to the respective crankcase.

# 20 ( Middle Crank Seal , # 3005-597 )

Old 03-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Basic Member
Question

Quote:
Each side has a ring with a split in it and the oil will pass.
Quote:
look at your #20 it is metal and #18 rides around it.
So not a complete seal.
Please explain this in detail !
Pictures ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vevaxel detalj.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	293812  

Old 03-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Garage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARCTIC-CAT-...NYNeAT&vxp=mtr

Look at picture number 5.
the rings come installed with the split one in the 12 o'clock and one at 6.
even tho they are label "seal" the are not a complete seal. the factory pumps oil into this location and if it was a true seal it would fill up in just one run.

Last edited by kiliki; 03-01-2018 at 07:19 PM.