• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 yamaha

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
A good friend of mine road sleds with Bret for a day. The only sled the cat dealer had they could loan him was an 1100 XF 141. He did demonstrations on that thing, and everyone struggled to stay with him. I seen on the gopro footage. It was insane. I'm sure he isn't the only guy that can do it, but like I said, he is the only one I've heard of.

I know you have posted up videos in the past. Do you mind sharing that again?

I would love to ride with you.. you are really really far away from me though. I'm planning on going to Carl Kuster's camp next winter, maybe you could join? I'm kind of doubting you, but at the same time you sound really good too. :face-icon-small-hap

Sorry for hi-jacking...

Judging by the teaser video, Yamaha is looking to impress drag racers?? With old tech?.. I'm not sure if they will even change anything in the mountain segment in 19. Maybe the mono-rail will make an appearance in 2020... just like how the drop and roll chain case had to wait a year. I think if they do anything, it'll be a special edition with more horsepower.. All it takes is a reprogramming of the ecu after all.

Julio Eiguren from Boise rides a boosted Yamaha very, very well. He rides for Thunderstruck. He is a big strong dude. He is a painter by trade. Amazingly powerful hands. He is the only person that has climbed the so called S Chute at 20 Mile North of McCall that I know of. It is a bet the sled climb if you don't make it (bet your body too). I have seen others try it but he is the only one who has made it as far as I know. He rides the Yamaha all day like it is a sub 400 lb. Axys.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
Has anyone "in the know" heard if Yamaha is going to parts ways with Cat after 2019? Just kind of curious what the new marriage with Textron is going to do with the YamaCat deal. I am intrigued with the SW factory turbo just not a Cat fan, had two of them got burned won't do it again. I rode my buddies new 174 Doo and it handles better than any of his previous sleds that were pretty much every version made of the Summit for the last 10 years. My 2007 Apex has close to 7,000 miles on it and never really been touched. On belt number four, has been a damn good sled for what I have put it through.

iplocal

Always looking for new mountain riding partners!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2015
Island Park, ID & Mt St Helens, WA
I am one of those "big strong guys" with some stamina and I honestly dont know how 2 stroke vs 4 stroke is still even an argument. Can a guy ride one of these pigs and do it well w/o being exhausted at the end of the day? Sure. But why would you considering the myriad of alternatives available?!?!?! I guarantee all of the pros mentioned above can do more on a 2 stroke regardless of how talented they are on a 4 stroke. Seriously unless you are a chute climber (which is a dying breed) or a flatlander there is not a tangible argument for a four stroke. Why does nearly every mountain pro ride a 2 stroke? I think 4 strokes still exist because the "get off my lawn" types are living in the past and desperately hoping to recreate old glory. We rode in 3-4 feet of fresh snow this last weekend on st helens with a guy on a new yamaha. We ALL hated him for it. constantly stuck, heavy to move, and could not follow us. He didnt even have a good time. Never again. I can just hear all the blackberry's clacking away on the keyboards typing me angry replys now...move into the now! You wont regret it.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
I am one of those "big strong guys" with some stamina and I honestly dont know how 2 stroke vs 4 stroke is still even an argument. Can a guy ride one of these pigs and do it well w/o being exhausted at the end of the day? Sure. But why would you considering the myriad of alternatives available?!?!?! I guarantee all of the pros mentioned above can do more on a 2 stroke regardless of how talented they are on a 4 stroke. Seriously unless you are a chute climber (which is a dying breed) or a flatlander there is not a tangible argument for a four stroke. Why does nearly every mountain pro ride a 2 stroke? I think 4 strokes still exist because the "get off my lawn" types are living in the past and desperately hoping to recreate old glory. We rode in 3-4 feet of fresh snow this last weekend on st helens with a guy on a new yamaha. We ALL hated him for it. constantly stuck, heavy to move, and could not follow us. He didnt even have a good time. Never again. I can just hear all the blackberry's clacking away on the keyboards typing me angry replys now...move into the now! You wont regret it.

I can tell you why it is an argument for me and I am not a huge guy. Time. I have a lot of irons in the fire and it's a long way to the nearest dealership and I don't have the time or space to be tinkering on sleds anymore. I want to start it, go ride, put it back in the trailer, add gas and go the next time. I had two Cat's and they were nothing but a hassle, in all fairness I was going to by a Polaris before I bought the second Cat and should have probably would not have left. Bought an '03 RX-1 MTN stretched it, put about 6,000 miles on it, changed oil every summer and greased it, turned the key. Sold it bought a 2007 Apex MTX almost 7,000 miles on it, changed oil and greased it, turn the key and go.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
I was sooooo mad when my 2008 Apex spun a rod bearing and blew up. Turns out it was the best thing that ever happened. Sold it as is and spring checked a 15 163 T3. Great sled, made everything easier. Rode it for 3 years and never touched it. Sold it with a year for warrantee left. Spring checked an 18 165x3 G4 and happier still, 600 miles, original belt and all smiles.

C

cbouton

Jan 6, 2013
Soldotna, AK
Found this on ty4stroke. Looks to be a all blue thundercat called the sidewinder srx le. Hope they got more to release.

Attachments

• 2019 SRX.jpg
    2019 SRX.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 89

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Any chance of a sidewinder with monorail?

For sure. If you have the dropped and rolled chaincase it will be an option. We don't know for sure what will be required, but it will be doable. I am going to do a Viper over the summer. I think it will be a positive upgrade.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Good on them for a new color this year. Drop and roll, QS3 lockout, and 3" track is nice, new controls look good.

Price is too steep for my blood though, 17K (plus taxes, lic, reg) for a sled is a lot of money.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
1 model

Only one model for this model year? Yamaha on their way out of the snowmobile industry? I sure hope not. Just seems weird.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
BNG year again, it's been a long time since yamaha has came out with a new chassis of their own. I love yamaha products but it's going to take a new yamaha built chassis and 2S engine before I'd consider one.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
how about a king cat Vs. sidewinder debate or would that be for another thread?

C

cbouton

Jan 6, 2013
Soldotna, AK
If I'm reading their site right it only shows certain models new for 19. Does that mean all models that just show 2018 are now discontinued?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
12 models total... 5 are spring check only. Sounds like they will be producing a lot less sleds. Smart move IMO. This needs to happen with other brands as well to keep prices "low" and resale high. Sooooo many left over sleds every year getting blown out and knocking 4k off the value of the sleds we snowchecked a year ago.

Premium Features