Polaris: GEN 2 1999-2001, all models in the Gen 2 chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
japascoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Narrowing Ski Stance

I'm new to Polaris sleds and I have a couple questions about my 99 xc 700:

1. I want to narrow the ski stance. I know people say you can use the rmk radius arms to do it but it's never clear on what year to use them from. Anybody have a clear answer for that?

2. The guy before me put the skid from an 04 pro x in place of the old skid. If I add rail extensions am I going to run into clearance issues with the track lugs and the tunnel?

Thanks!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Currently: Not set
retiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond repute

I would think radius arms from a 1997 to 1999 RMK would be the ones to use. They all use the same part number.
Rail extensions should have nothing to do with track clearance. Are you thinking of putting a bigger lug track in or just a longer track? Bigger lug tracks sometimes need smaller drivers or a drop and roll on the chaincase to get the clearance needed.

Haven't outgrown my 600 yet!

Old 02-26-2018, 09:56 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
japascoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredpop View Post
I would think radius arms from a 1997 to 1999 RMK would be the ones to use. They all use the same part number.
Rail extensions should have nothing to do with track clearance. Are you thinking of putting a bigger lug track in or just a longer track? Bigger lug tracks sometimes need smaller drivers or a drop and roll on the chaincase to get the clearance needed.
I was thinking about getting a 136" with bigger lugs the 1.25 is nice but not what I'm looking for.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Currently: Not set
retiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond repute

Check to see how much clearance you have between the tip of the lugs on your existing track and the front of the tunnel. That would give you an idea how much bigger you can go.

Haven't outgrown my 600 yet!

The Following User Says Thank You to retiredpop For This Useful Post:
japascoe (02-27-2018)