For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2018, 11:19 AM
Currently: working
rockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Silber turbo install? 2016 Axys

I purchased a used turbo for my 2016 axys. Watched a install video several times. Do I have to drill into the throttle body boot to install BOV or is there somewhere else to install it? It came with a ecu that is programmed should I purchase larger injectors also. And has anybody had any luck running there clutch setup or should purchase a kit from indy specialties or some other company, don't want to spend a lot of timing tuning on the mountain if I don't have to. so I don't mind buying a different clutch setup. thanks
87 Indy 400 136

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-17-2018, 01:56 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
sumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond reputesumtinwong has a reputation beyond repute

yep drill 1 little hole pop that thing in and the rest just sets in place! the hardest parts of the install are getting the Y intake on the throttle bodies....man I hade to get a buddy to help me push that on! and the 2ed set of springs are a pain in the arss! the stock injectors are all you need but their are 2 different colors of injectors that match the ecu I think... don't remember what that was all about but im sure someone will chime in on that! I run indy's low elevation clutching primary and 2edary and its spot on, pules hard and haven't blown a belt yet! the whole setup has just ben spot on amazing with no problems just couldn't be happier! mine is on a 2016 axis assault 800 installed right after break-in. and run br9eya plugs gaped at a tight 20 thou.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sumtinwong For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (02-17-2018), Sage Crusher (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 01:40 AM
Currently: sled building and snow searching!
Cascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond reputeCascade Addiction has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin rmk View Post
I purchased a used turbo for my 2016 axys. Watched a install video several times. Do I have to drill into the throttle body boot to install BOV or is there somewhere else to install it? It came with a ecu that is programmed should I purchase larger injectors also. And has anybody had any luck running there clutch setup or should purchase a kit from indy specialties or some other company, don't want to spend a lot of timing tuning on the mountain if I don't have to. so I don't mind buying a different clutch setup. thanks
Yes on drill hole, no on bigger injectors but make sure your injector color matches the ecu. Mine didn't and sled didn't run right till I changed color code in ecu. I've had several silbers, and the clutching has been light on all of them. We worked really hard developing a kit from MDS clutching and came up with a kit that is perfectly matched to the Silber boost/power curve. Call Steve and tell him you want my setup. I'm Aaron Jones with Ride cascade team. He will set your weights up personally on the rider info you give him. He just sales the weights, but can tell you which helix and spring to run. I personally am running about 81grams, a 120/340 primary spring, a 42-46/44-48 reverse cut helix, 225lbs and below you'll want to be on 42-46, above then 44-48 to just hold back a split second to build boost for getting us bigger guy's going. I'm running the blk/silver secondary spring that cam in kit. This works great on 7lbs at 4-7000 with foot or so of new snow to keep track loaded. When running in spring or no new snow, then switching to 5lbs boost will be just fine and not have to change clutching, but has same performance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Team Rider for RideCascade. Thanks to my sponsors: FXR Racing, Experience Powersports, Revant Optics, SlyDog Skis, MDS Clutching, Silber Turbos, Bikeman Performance, KMOD, Raptor shocks, TKI CNC, BMFab, TripleNineOptics, FlyRacing,
16' Axys Silber Turbo Kmod skid/37" Raptors Slydog MDS
15' BDX940HOProlite BMP Kmod Raptors Slydog MDS
13' Cascade Addiction Custom Turbo Pro GTX2867r MDS Slydog

The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade Addiction For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 10:22 AM
Currently: waiting.......
doudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond reputedoudea has a reputation beyond repute

This is the current clutching that im running on my Silber set up at 7lbs. Which we normally ride 9500 to 12000 in elevation.

73g weights (im running the team adjustables)
Team almond primary spring (165/327)

Team Black/Silver secondary (160/280)
40/46 .36 helix.

I have been trying several different set-ups and this is the one i have been coming back too. Clutching is a very each their own type thing though im my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to doudea For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 10:46 PM
Currently: easing into Winter......
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin rmk View Post
Insure that the injector color that is printed on the ECU you received is the same as the colored tape on your injectors/.. Generally Red or Yellow.
Take your time with routing and protecting the turbo Oil line from exposure to heat ( I wrap some of the older kits in a fire blanket- the new ones are a braided line).
Get comfortable with the turbo smart spring cap- I always have my clients feel for the alignment notch with a spring removed to become familiar with it, so while changing boost springs- the cap doesn't get crossed.
A Long good quality spring tool is paramount - making super easy when installing ( double spring) the lower springs on the underside of the "Y" Pipe.
There is ton's of information on Clutching - if you do the search for your elevation.

Super easy install- but these are just a few pointers.
TKI.
F-N-I.
K-Mod.
2016 Axys LTD 163 W/Silber Turbo/K-Mod Gen III/TKI

Last edited by Sage Crusher; 02-18-2018 at 10:48 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Sage Crusher For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Currently: working
rockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond reputerockin rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Got it installed yesterday. The springs were the worst part. Installed silber clutching for now so I can go ride it this weekend. What is the max RPM to running at. I cant really test it at my house I am at 3500 feet and we ride at 6 to 8000 feet. Has adjustable weights so it should be easy to adjust on the hill.
87 Indy 400 136

Old 02-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Currently: Payin' the dough to play in the snow
aksledjunkie has disabled reputation

8350 is what I shoot for.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to aksledjunkie For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 08:12 PM
Currently: easing into Winter......
Sage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond reputeSage Crusher has a reputation beyond repute

We ride @ 8'000-10,000' and shoot for 8350 min to 8450 but have seen 8500 but snow dependent
TKI.
F-N-I.
K-Mod.
2016 Axys LTD 163 W/Silber Turbo/K-Mod Gen III/TKI

The Following User Says Thank You to Sage Crusher For This Useful Post:
rockin rmk (02-24-2018)