For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: 900 05-06 Polaris RMK 900

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 07:42 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
uSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Replace entire TPS pigtail or can we Just replace wires?

Getting the one blink TPS code. Somewhat intermittent and even cleared up for the rest of the ride that day. Doesn’t do it at idle but throws the code when throttle is pressed but can clear up/come back.

Yes, replacement is in order but since I’ve read that the wire is likely the cause, has anyone ever replaced the wire only? Or is it even worth my time? I have a 2005 parts sled as well that I can take from.

Does the TPS need to be set with just pigtail replacement or wire replacement?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-23-2018, 08:05 PM
TrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond reputeTrailRebel has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Find and message Tonka1020 on eBay... He's got a good deal on these!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Old 03-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Basic Member
uSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond reputeuSoTiNy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Fixed without replacement

Well she’s fixed. After verifying that there was no bad wiring from the pigtail I removed the pins from the connector itself and tried them out on the tps spade terminals. IMO the fit is much too loose for an engine that vibrates like these do. So I ever so slightly compressed the three female spades from the connector. I put a very small amount of dielectric grease on the tip of the female spade and retried it on the TPS working it on and off a couple times to ensure a good connection and that the fit was snug. After that I refit the three ends inside the connector in the proper order and clipped it back into place. I did not replace the zip tie holding the wire to the pigtail as this puts a 90 degree bend in the wires which when vibrates is bound to cause an issue eventually.
I honestly believe that many people on here are having similar problems as I am and although replacing the pigtail is fixing the problem I think a lot of the replacements are unnecessary. I think this is a good pre season “to do” for these sleds. If anyone wants to know how to remove the pins from the connector let me know and I will post a video on how to get them out easily. I think over time the terminals develop a poor connection and start to fail. That would also explain people having trouble with dielectric grease.
*heres a bit of a tip for people wanting to make their own 5v power supply... remember those old smart card programmers for hacking satellite? If you still have one most have a high quality 5v regulator inside that you can solder onto for your TPS voltage. You can even plug it into the wall if you like with a 9v Center pin +ve power supply or use a 9v battery for power it’s up to you.
If anyone wants some help with this shoot me a message or reply!

Old 03-20-2018, 07:56 PM
Basic Member
mann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond reputemann1921 has a reputation beyond repute

how did you get the pins out of the connector? I'm having some running issues with my sled and I'm looking at trying a new tps harness again and possibly tps.