For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 05:33 PM
Currently: 850 blown up before Breakin over
Basic Member
fredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap rear skid sag fix for G4

Been fighting the rear sag issue on the G4 but after talking with Rene st Onge he stated that this fix has felt similar to adding three more adjustments to coil spring adjustments, and no more sag with you off the machine..

Doo has always been famous for there rear sag, but this cheap fix really shines quick.. And prevents rear shock from pounding out on the trail..

Before I started this quick1/2 hr job, I measured the sag on shop floor on setting 5 with rear bag and fuel caddy installed.. There was 3.5 inches

After installing the coil spring inserts there was no sag at all.. Fully extended and when I sit on the rear bumper it now drops 3.5 inches, jump off and it quickly rebounds to full length..

This has to be the best rear skid fix I have done to date, time to see how it's on the snow..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	292419  

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredw For This Useful Post:
MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018), rulonjj (05-02-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Currently: 850 blown up before Breakin over
Basic Member
fredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond repute

One last picture.. Rene has sold 20 sets and all happy costumers..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	292420  

The Following User Says Thank You to fredw For This Useful Post:
MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
jackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond reputejackbombay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw View Post
Been fighting the rear sag issue on the G4 but after talking with Rene st Onge he stated that this fix has felt similar to adding three more adjustments to coil spring adjustments, and no more sag with you off the machine..
So the skis will stay down better without having to shorten the front limiter strap?

Old 02-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Basic Member
Skidoo bachelor is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do you get those?

Old 02-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Currently: Nothing
ak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond repute

There’s a couple of company’s selling these.

http://www.gripnripracing.com/index....roller=product

https://www.hygearsuspension.com/col...spring-spacers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ak For This Useful Post:
Devilmanak (06-27-2018), MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Currently: Let it snow !!!
donbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond repute

How do these work? Keeps spring from compressing?

Old 04-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Currently: ripping it up
snosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond repute

What I found that works for me is the next heavier spring rate. their is a ton of difference in the weak/Soft stock springs and the next heavier. I had torsion spacers earlier in the season and it worked ok, but raised the rear up a little changing the geometry so the skis were pushed harder into the snow and the rear felt jacked up, felt like the front was plowing.
I installed a front cable limiter adjuster which broke the cable before I even really got to try it out. I find that there is no need to mess with the limiter with the heavy spring Rate. The actual Rate change of the spring is the most important thing in my Opinion. I also had my shocked Revalved by big john at Sled Head Racing Day one.. I have never bottomed my rear skid out yet and im 240 on #1 adjustment..

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snosumitcsr For This Useful Post:
BIG JOHN (04-19-2018), donbrown (04-18-2018), Matte Murder (05-04-2018), MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 02:19 PM
donbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snosumitcsr View Post
What I found that works for me is the next heavier spring rate. their is a ton of difference in the weak/Soft stock springs and the next heavier. I had torsion spacers earlier in the season and it worked ok, but raised the rear up a little changing the geometry so the skis were pushed harder into the snow and the rear felt jacked up, felt like the front was plowing.
I installed a front cable limiter adjuster which broke the cable before I even really got to try it out. I find that there is no need to mess with the limiter with the heavy spring Rate. The actual Rate change of the spring is the most important thing in my Opinion. I also had my shocked Revalved by big john at Sled Head Racing Day one.. I have never bottomed my rear skid out yet and im 240 on #1 adjustment..

Installed a new spring? If so what is the part number?

Old 04-18-2018, 06:21 PM
Currently: ripping it up
snosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond reputesnosumitcsr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbrown View Post
Installed a new spring? If so what is the part number?
Depends on what model you have summit x shocks use a different spring than free ride and summit SP.

Search for this pdf from dootalk, it has the spring part numbers. Lighter and heavier spring rates from the race manual. Look closely for your model. Also shows the rates.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B95A776D-1D42-49EF-9D98-B49E34C13ADE.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	295537  

Last edited by snosumitcsr; 04-18-2018 at 06:31 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snosumitcsr For This Useful Post:
donbrown (04-18-2018), MountainTrashCat (05-06-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 11:40 PM
Currently: Riding
hoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond reputehoov165x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw View Post

Doo has always been famous for there rear sag, but this cheap fix really shines quick.. And prevents rear shock from pounding out on the trail..

Before I started this quick1/2 hr job, I measured the sag on shop floor on setting 5 with rear bag and fuel caddy installed.. There was 3.5 inches

After installing the coil spring inserts there was no sag at all.. Fully extended and when I sit on the rear bumper it now drops 3.5 inches, jump off and it quickly rebounds to full length..

This has to be the best rear skid fix I have done to date, time to see how it's on the snow..

You need free sag. With your setup you have none.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 05-02-2018, 11:10 PM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treeboy For This Useful Post:
donbrown (05-03-2018), MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 11:15 PM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treeboy For This Useful Post:
donbrown (05-03-2018), MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Currently: Current in the current current.
rulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond reputerulonjj has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 05-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Basic Member
simnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simnil For This Useful Post:
donbrown (05-05-2018), MountainTrashCat (05-06-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 05:23 AM
Basic Member
IcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond reputeIcutMetl has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-25-2018, 01:59 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 06-25-2018, 02:20 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 06-26-2018, 03:29 AM
Basic Member
simnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond reputesimnil has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simnil For This Useful Post:
donbrown (06-27-2018), MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:34 PM
Currently: 2683 miles - 15-16
Devilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devilmanak For This Useful Post:
donbrown (07-09-2018), MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 06:22 AM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 07-04-2018, 10:37 AM
1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute1Mike900 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1Mike900 For This Useful Post:
donbrown (07-09-2018), MountainTrashCat (07-04-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Currently: CONTEMPLATING: "Laughter is gods hand on a troubled world.".
Thanked 9,310 Times in 4,120 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountainhorse For This Useful Post:
Daag44 (07-07-2018), donbrown (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 01:07 AM

Click Here to Register