For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2018, 08:20 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Powder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant future
Default no power to the fuel pump

Any help with the following issue is appreciated!

Sled-2010 M-8
Issue-no power to the fuel pump
I have spark

I am suspect of a bare wire shorting out or poor ground. Here's what I know so far.

When I add alternate power to the fuel pump the fuel pump runs and so does the sled. This is achieved by unplugging the fuel pump harness and supplying power from a 12v battery. The sled will fire right up and run perfect.

When the fuel pump wiring harness is unplugged and the sled is running off of the alternate source, the gauge does not light up nor does the tail light. If I quickly unplug the alternate battery running the fuel pump and reconnect the fuel pump wire harness the gauge and tail light illuminate (flicker) as long as it stays running. I am also watching the fuel pressure gauge and can tell when I'm loosing power because I'm loosing pressure.

I've been messing with this thing all day, wiggling harnesses and whatnot trying to locate the spot but no success. Anyone out there have suggestions???

I had a problem in the past with the thumb warmer shorting out but it only seemed to effect the lighting circuit and not run ability.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-01-2018, 06:45 AM
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder Poacher View Post
Any help with the following issue is appreciated!

Sled-2010 M-8
Issue-no power to the fuel pump
I have spark

I am suspect of a bare wire shorting out or poor ground. Here's what I know so far.

When I add alternate power to the fuel pump the fuel pump runs and so does the sled. This is achieved by unplugging the fuel pump harness and supplying power from a 12v battery. The sled will fire right up and run perfect.

When the fuel pump wiring harness is unplugged and the sled is running off of the alternate source, the gauge does not light up nor does the tail light. If I quickly unplug the alternate battery running the fuel pump and reconnect the fuel pump wire harness the gauge and tail light illuminate (flicker) as long as it stays running. I am also watching the fuel pressure gauge and can tell when I'm loosing power because I'm loosing pressure.

I've been messing with this thing all day, wiggling harnesses and whatnot trying to locate the spot but no success. Anyone out there have suggestions???

I had a problem in the past with the thumb warmer shorting out but it only seemed to effect the lighting circuit and not run ability.
First off check the fuses if you haven't already, second the M series wires did rub through sometimes. Check the area on the left side of the fuel tank,and under the seat. Another area was the main harness from the ccu. Electrical can be hard to find but usually easy to fix. You may have two separate issues i would also repair the thumb warmer issue first and see if that changes anything.

Last edited by Old & slow; 02-01-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Basic Member
Skywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond repute

There is a ground underneath the coolant bottle. It’s buried in there but mine was starting to chaff against the frame. It could be causing your issues.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Basic Member
Powder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant futurePowder Poacher has a brilliant future

I've checked the ground and actually added more ground. Still nothing. Checked the wires under the tank and they appear to be good. Still digging!

Old 02-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Basic Member
Skywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond reputeSkywest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder Poacher View Post
I've checked the ground and actually added more ground. Still nothing. Checked the wires under the tank and they appear to be good. Still digging!
Have you ohmed out your stator?