For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: EDGE 2002-2005, all models in the Edge chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Currently: Looking for a Union Bay 1150 sled...
Basic Member
nowready05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Some Front End Help on 2004 Pro-X

I have a 2004 Polaris Pro-x sled. Installed is VanAmberg tunnel, custom Edge rear suspension with Ride-EFX shocks, 162x15x2.5 track SLP Powder Pro skis, etc. My problem is that the front end or skis seem to be hunting and not tracking very well. Seems like the skis are not digging into the snow very well. So the question is how can I get more weight transferred to the front skis? Set the front shocks to the lightest setting and ?
Thanks for your replies.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-23-2018, 08:58 AM
Currently: Pura Vida
thefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond reputethefullmonte has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a pretty cool sled. You should post up some pics.

Is this happening mostly on the trail? The ski width of the Edge chassis was pretty common and not unusual for it to follow other tracks.

That being said I would check the usual suspects, ski alignment, toe out and camber. As for more ski pressure you might actually try pre-loading the front ski springs more. Keep in mind that this is all a balancing act. Adding more pressure can make it harder to roll over as well. If you have removed your sway bar this may be a non-issue anyway.

I'm not sure what your rear suspension is like. You might want to check where your limiter straps are positioned. The higher up they are positioned the more ski pressure you will have.

I'm sure you're going to have a some trial and error with that setup, but I hope I gave you a few ideas anyway.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:20 PM
Currently: Not set.
whoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond repute

Tighten up the front limiter straps to put more pressure on the skis, and reduce powder performance.