Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: TURBO Turbo discussion for Ski-Doo aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 08:13 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Marcusx200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reeds t3 800

Hi , just checked my reeds because it dies when u hit reverse when its cold and it feels slower and afr are weird.

On both side one flap is Open 1mm (you can see light thru them) could this be the cause? No other damages

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Currently: 850 blown up before Breakin over
Basic Member
fredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond repute

I have had the same thing happen with mine in past, but it seams to still run fine up top and idles fine, do you have any sunlight between the two haves? Pedals?

Engine burp, cough and the worst a engine over rev can send hot charge temps back quick and warp pedals, and reeds

Sometimes just swapping reeds around will close gap and get another season threw them

Old 01-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw View Post
I have had the same thing happen with mine in past, but it seams to still run fine up top and idles fine, do you have any sunlight between the two haves? Pedals?

Engine burp, cough and the worst a engine over rev can send hot charge temps back quick and warp pedals, and reeds

Sometimes just swapping reeds around will close gap and get another season threw them
Yes i see sunlight in the reeds . Yes it have been overevving

Old 01-22-2018, 10:38 AM
Currently: 850 blown up before Breakin over
Basic Member
fredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond reputefredw has a reputation beyond repute

Well than you need to swap around or replace them, but you better also fix initial problem of over rev.. make sure you have enough gear, so you have a little grace if rpm spikes

Toms arms from Toms snowmobile allow you to control weight distribution with in the arm, he says another advantage is this allows less chance of a over rev, so far worked fine for myself, up to ten lbs.. but I did cook a set when blowing a new doo belt last year.. cages got so hot they were warped, I was lucky to get sled off hill with out air support

Old 01-23-2018, 04:15 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw View Post
Well than you need to swap around or replace them, but you better also fix initial problem of over rev.. make sure you have enough gear, so you have a little grace if rpm spikes

Toms arms from Toms snowmobile allow you to control weight distribution with in the arm, he says another advantage is this allows less chance of a over rev, so far worked fine for myself, up to ten lbs.. but I did cook a set when blowing a new doo belt last year.. cages got so hot they were warped, I was lucky to get sled off hill with out air support

Ive Think i found the issue for overev when i changed spring in secondary ,i didnt know that that belt adjuster was an adjuster so i just turned all the way in resulting in belt very "high" , resulting in less belt on primary resulting in not to move all the way up on primary , i think?

Old 01-24-2018, 09:58 PM
skank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond reputeskank has a reputation beyond repute

If your belt is too tight and sitting too high in the secondary it will die everytime you try to put it in reverse.