• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DREAM TRAILER: 2019 Mirage project trailer

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As all the long time SnoWest members know, for the last several years Mirage Trailers has teamed up with SnoWest to create a "Project Trailer" that highlights the best new features that Mirage has come up with for the Snowmobiling community. This year they decided to do something a little different.

In the past they have delivered us a "Surprise" trailer. We honestly NEVER know what it is going to be until the moment we show up at their manufacturing facility in Nampa Idaho for the reveal.

This year they have asked us to DESIGN OUR OWN DREAM TRAILER.

So this is YOUR CHANCE to take pen in hand and draw out EXACTLY what YOU would have in a custom hand made one of a kind trailer.

Below is the build sheet for their basic 28ft "Sport Himark" trailer.
From this basic layout you can go pretty much anywhere you want, but we have to keep it WITHIN the physical limitations of this layout.

HAVE SOME FUN.
If this was your's, and you had a reasonably open budget, WHAT would you have them build for you??

What would you include and WHERE exactly would you place it?

Print out this drawing and mark it up.
Tell us what your dream trailer would look like and if we agree with your suggestions, we will forward them along to Mirage for incorporation in the new 2018 SnoWest Trailer!!

All available options are listed here.
http://www.miragetrailers.com/xtreme-teton-snowmobile-atv-trailers.html
http://www.miragetrailers.com/options/enclosed-options-list.pdf

picture.php

2015-xtreme-teton-sport-cover.png

0001158_mirage-decal-front-cap-sticker.jpeg

Last edited:

agalen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Helena, MT
Have you ever thought about an onboard generator, I see that it is listed as an option on their website, might be easier than hauling around a separate generator and could most likely draw off of the fueling station I would think.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Have you ever thought about an onboard generator, I see that it is listed as an option on their website, might be easier than hauling around a separate generator and could most likely draw off of the fueling station I would think.
YES!
We have talked with Mirage about that as a possibility.
They do offer them on some of their higher end summer trailers.
But no one has ever done one on a Sled Trailer.

Don't remember if it hangs below the trailer or if it came into the front nose of the trailer. I remember having this conversation with them and they suggested we not go that route with the sleds, so I am thinking it might be inside the trailer.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Most people talk about amenities, but I'll talk about design philosophy. ;)

Gooseneck.

SET THIS UP FOR MULTI-SEASON USAGE.

These are starting to cost enough that not many can afford one of these for sleds in the winter and a separate toy-hauler in the summer for quads or RZRs.

Have some creature comforts in a small living quarters so that Mama and the kids don't feel like they are sleeping in a utility trailer.
Need a galley and a head. TV, satellite and stereo, etc.
I'm fine with sleeping on a cot in a utility trailer, but the rest of my family would be so much more inclined to enjoy it with some comforts.

Arctic package like RVs.

Long enough for somewhat of a living quarter like a toy-hauler RV yet still get four sleds in it.

Tall enough for a RZR.

Sledders are proponents of MULTI-USE riding areas.
Let's make the trailer multi-season hauler that we can camp in.

Last edited:

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Durability in the environments sledders find themselves in.....for a trailer, that means anti corrosion qualities, and the proper exterior panels to prevent unwanted dents/chips from road debris. It seems there are some really really nice trailers with amazing amenities available for sledders these days, but unless you go aluminum corrosion is a major concern. $20k+ sled/multi-use trailers should not be at risk for corrosion from the elements.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Found It.
If you want a generator as part of the trailer, this is how it is mounted
So you have to give up part of the front nose cone area, which with sleds is pretty much a No-Go for getting 5 sleds in the trailer.

GenSlideFull.jpg

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah, I think I'd just put one in the back of the truck and run the cord to the trailer. A small Yamaha or Honda 2000W would be plenty to keep up.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I want the floors sloped to a center floor drain that’s open to below for water removal so when I work on the sled at night I’m not laying in a puddle.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Found It.
So you have to give up part of the front nose cone area, which with sleds is pretty much a No-Go for getting 5 sleds in the trailer.

GenSlideFull.jpg

Better with a gooseneck.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I want the floors sloped to a center floor drain that’s open to below for water removal so when I work on the sled at night I’m not laying in a puddle.

That's a dang interesting thought.
Man, I wonder how much work it would take to design and build a new floor substructure to all the floor panels to lay at an angle.

It's a really interesting idea!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Durability in the environments sledders find themselves in.....for a trailer, that means anti corrosion qualities, and the proper exterior panels to prevent unwanted dents/chips from road debris. It seems there are some really really nice trailers with amazing amenities available for sledders these days, but unless you go aluminum corrosion is a major concern. $20k+ sled/multi-use trailers should not be at risk for corrosion from the elements.

You can certainly apply any undercoat your heart desires.
You could LINEX the whole underside..
Wonder what that would cost to have applied???

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Build your DREAM TRAILER: 2018 Mirage project trailer design

That's a dang interesting thought.
Man, I wonder how much work it would take to design and build a new floor substructure to all the floor panels to lay at an angle.

It's a really interesting idea!!

Trails west burandt trailers have a peak in the center of the trailer sloped to the front and rear doors.
Water drains at the doors.
fee15842408dd97c086a2f4a779ca962.jpg

This means you have a dry floor to stand on and get dressed in the middle of the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

agalen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Helena, MT
Found It.

GenSlideFull.jpg

Makes sense! Wonder why they haven't figured out how to mount them in a compartments slightly below deck......kinda similar to an onboard toyhauler generator.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
You can certainly apply any undercoat your heart desires.
You could LINEX the whole underside..
Wonder what that would cost to have applied???

I checked into this with my local Linex dealer to do my '18 Mirage and his problem was being able to safely get the trailer in the air to spray under it. He did not have the ability so wouldn't give me a price.

These trailers need two batteries to run the furnace efficiently for longer periods of time. They should come with two standard when it comes with a furnace, especially for the $20k price tag they come with!

The other thing I was surprised that wasn't standard when coming with a furnace was a fire extinguisher! Needless to say I added one.
Oh, and a carbon monoxide sensor. Other trailers I looked at had both of those standard with a furnace. I ccouldn't get a straight answer from dealer as to whether there was a sensor built into furnace or not.

Some pics of what I added.

Attachments

• 20171231_111101.jpg
    20171231_111101.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 20171231_111019.jpg
    20171231_111019.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 248
  • 20171231_111144.jpg
    20171231_111144.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the problem is most of the time it freezes before it makes it out. then the floor is an ice rink. even my buddies trails west with heated floor is useless when the out temps get cold.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Trails west burandt trailers have a peak in the center of the trailer sloped to the front and rear doors.
Water drains at the doors.

This means you have a dry floor to stand on and get dressed in the middle of the trailer.
VERY familiar with that system.
But unless I misread it, that is not what he was suggesting for this trailer..

Premium Features