For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Currently: patiently waiting
dboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond repute
Default 18 MC EB overheating

anyone else having issues overheating on trail out to ride.

where i normally ride i have to hike groomed trail out of town for 3-4 miles before i can jump off and start riding. This weekend my overheat light was coming on multiple times. Seems like i can get about 1-2 miles before i'm over 150°. It didn't matter if i had scratchers down or not. I was dipping as much as i could but its hard in this location due to ditch one side, road on other. It was also super cold (0°)....was even some fresh fluff on it and didn't matter. It would not start running decent temps til i got track in powder.

looking for tips on getting the temp down. ski scratchers maybe? putting another set of scratchers more forward maybe. Only have stocks on there right now.

pic for attention.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26239197_10216032170266090_8256438111590196103_n.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	291175  

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Hagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond repute

seems odd but i remember a guy who filled 2 dl of coolant as it was not on max, and it worked for him(weird)

Old 01-09-2018, 01:06 PM
Currently: Snowskippers Sled Club Pres
Basic Member
jrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond reputejrizman has a reputation beyond repute

Top off coolant level?
The stiff 3" seems to get hotter faster on hard pack trail runs. Move faster with scratchers down to make sure snow is getting to exchanger and cooling sled off.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to jrizman For This Useful Post:
Woody67 (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Basic Member
Hagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond reputeHagenpolsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrizman View Post
Top off coolant level?
The stiff 3" seems to get hotter faster on hard pack trail runs. Move faster with scratchers down to make sure snow is getting to exchanger and cooling sled off.
he said so

mine gets hot on packed snow with 15cm of fresh on top at trailing speeds, scratchers wont work, will try the coolant level but i dont know if it will work^^

Old 01-09-2018, 01:49 PM
dboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond reputedboivin has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i was gonna pull out of trailer tonight and get front in the air and just make sure i dont have a bubble or something. will check my coolant level and see where its at.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Currently: Back to selling.....
TNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond reputeTNTCOPP has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a '15 that heats up quick, my '16 (3" track) was always getting a temp light if I didn't have the scratchers down on the trail, and the '18's seem to be no different?

I myself would sacrifice the few lbs extra to have a rear exchanger back. I would rather see the motor run cooler.

2017 ProClimb M8000 162 LE - SLP Stage II

2017 ProClimb M8000 162 LE ES

Old 01-09-2018, 04:26 PM
eldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond reputeeldereldo has a reputation beyond repute

Was riding in heavy snow, twisting packed trail thru the trees this last weekend, following a buddy who was riding my 2014. Scratchers down and kept lighting up the warning, 2014 did it a few times as well, but always later. I do notice that it seems to be raising the point a total which it flashes the warning, seems to me it was around 52c in initial break in, now seems to be up around 60c. So maybe it has to do with the ECU wanting cooler temps for the first while until the motor breaks in? Hopefully it gets better as a lot of places I ride there is a slow trail in.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Toyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant future

I put the first 75 miles on my 2018 MC yesterday. The first hour or so went off without a hitch. I even noted that while trail riding the coolant temp was only half way through the range on the gauge. Fast forward around 20 miles, the light started blinking despite me now riding in conditions that I felt offered better cooling (several inches of powder on the trail). Continuously dipping off to the side of the trail did not work. I took a detour and headed down an access road with about 16” of fresh powder on it and broke trail at various speeds between 15 and 50 mph for around 3-4 miles. The light continued to blink. Crawled underneath and confirmed the exchanger was warm/hot and I wasn’t dealing with a sensor malfunction.

I pulled the side panel and confirmed the coolant level was within the specified range. Loosened the reservoir cap one click and heard a gush of air escape (normal as under pressure) and observed several large bubbles travel up through the coolant reservoir. I believe there was air trapped in the system somewhere but don’t know why it didn’t escape sooner, or give issues during the first part of my ride. Continued another 25-30 miles to home without issue.

I too wouldn’t mind a few extra pounds on the sled just to have the full length cooler.

My shortlist for 2018 was the MC or a Polaris 155” SKS. Don’t let me down AC...

Last edited by Toyotajoe; 01-09-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:56 PM

well my coolant bottle is literally dry. theres none visible at all in the neck.

will add fluid and see how it does.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:08 PM
Currently: Danger Zone
hobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond reputehobbes has a reputation beyond repute

I put the first 80 miles on my sled this weekend. I'm all smiles btw!! As far as the heating on the trail I kept my scratchers up on a fairly beat down trail with little loose snow on it just to see how quickly it would heat up. The ambient temp outside was about 28-30 degrees btw. I could get it to go about 3/4's of the way to hot in about 4-5 miles but never saw a flashing light at all. Because I was just breaking it in I dropped the scratchers and the gauge stayed right dead center for the rest of the time. Long story short, I think anyone with any major heating issues has some other problem than lack of heat exchanger from the factory...

On another note however, half way through our second day I DID have a temp light issue in about 2 feet of snow... a low temp light and subsequent low temp limp mode. I popped the side panel to check it over and even at an idle with the coolant gauge all the way cold it was circulating coolant like a mofo. Stuck open thermostat ended my day. I let it idle to get back up to temp and within just a few minutes of riding it was all the way back down to low temp limp. Again this is at about 30 degrees F outside with about a foot of fresh snow. Even though I had some thermostat trouble, this also reiterates the fact that there is PLENTY of stock cooling capacity on this sled.

If you have a heating issue, check your coolant level, "burp" your coolant system, drive a little faster on the trail with your scratchers down (slower you go the worse it will be, seems simple but some guys don't know this) and finally... get your thermostat checked... if they can stick open they can stick shut too. Just my opinion.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:15 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiliki For This Useful Post:
hobbes (01-10-2018), marvelous (01-11-2018), TNTCOPP (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 04:19 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Toyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant futureToyotajoe has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

Old 01-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Currently: Digging the Alpha One
Woody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond reputeWoody67 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Woody67 For This Useful Post:
MTN_VIPER (01-10-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:11 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Currently: waiting....just waiting
nytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond reputenytro41 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Currently: Alpha Hawk!
Thanked 1,058 Times in 523 Posts
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to summ8rmk For This Useful Post:
CLN1979 (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 02:46 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-23-2018, 08:50 PM
Currently: pondering changes
Mr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-23-2018, 10:09 PM
Currently: where the heck is my avatar?
evandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to evandaigneault For This Useful Post:
therookie (01-24-2018)
Old 01-24-2018, 01:37 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-24-2018, 01:43 AM
Currently: Alpha Hawk!
Thanked 1,058 Times in 523 Posts
summ8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond reputesumm8rmk has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-24-2018, 01:57 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-26-2018, 03:10 PM
Currently: pondering changes
Mr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond reputeMr. BB has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register