For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: TURBO Turbo discussion for Polaris aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Currently: Not set.
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Infamous det code on decel?

Hey guys, anybody have any experience with this? Sleds been throwing the det code and it seems to be when I go to let off the throttle, it's a boost it kit, running 35% av gas to 65% 94 octane pump. Approx 6-7# at 5000 feet, 2012 pro.

I was breaking trail up a old road with, willows and jumping creeks 3 feet of powder and so she was loaded down and in and out the boost mid range often, sled started out super rich through the bottom end and started bogging, but it threw the det code still, I richened up the top end, still did it. Leaned out the bottom end and it rev'd good. But still rich according to the a/f, and det code.

It seemed to be when I was in and out of the throttle or when I let off after a wide open pull of a few seconds it would throw it. I also bought the boondocker 3 degree Timing key.

I've replaced my tps and it is adjusted correct.

Last edited by Octanee; 12-28-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-28-2017, 03:34 PM
HECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond repute

What was the air temp ?
Have you tried increasing your fuel ratio ?
Your running at 96.1 octane with your 35% AV/65% 94
50/50 will net you 97.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-28-2017, 03:39 PM
sledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond repute

Try a little higher Octane. I had a 13 Boost-it Pro it needed more octane than your running.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, im going to go 50/50 now for this weekend, I dont want to risk an engine, which is also why I got the timing key but it may not pull timing in the mid range.

That ride the air was about - 15 to - 18c so -0f?

Air fuel for some reason was pegged rich at 10:1 all day, I leaned it back to about 11 but with the mid range det trying to happen I left it richer to be safer, and 2 days before that ride in a diff spot, higher elevstion, warmer mind you like - 8c I had it tuned in good with my a/f at 11.5 on the top, but it was a open place to ride so not. Much mid range on off, more wide open or little throttle., again that last ride the same settings but this time it wanted to real rich for some reason in the real cold air, however sled never got a chance to properly unthaw whether that may of got a sensor a bit frosted up? .

Old 12-28-2017, 05:15 PM
sledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead9825 has a reputation beyond repute

Get rid of the timing key. Mix fuel so you end up at around 100 octane. Tune from there. Once you have the tune correct start backing down a bit on Octane. Afr at WOT and pulling should be 12.2 -12.4. Shoot for that.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead9825 View Post
Get rid of the timing key. Mix fuel so you end up at around 100 octane. Tune from there. Once you have the tune correct start backing down a bit on Octane. Afr at WOT and pulling should be 12.2 -12.4. Shoot for that.
Why wouldn't I want the key? It will reduce chance of detonation when I'm giving her and the higher boost, I'll see about going higher on the octane, what's everybody else mix for octane at around 5k feet? And 12.2 on the AFR, is that safe for long pulls?

I do appreciate the info and suggestions! Keep it coming g

Old 12-28-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanee View Post
Why wouldn't I want the key? It will reduce chance of detonation when I'm giving her and the higher boost, I'll see about going higher on the octane, what's everybody else mix for octane at around 5k feet? And 12.2 on the AFR, is that safe for long pulls?

I do appreciate the info and suggestions! Keep it coming g
Timing keys in some cases, have caused some running problems. You could search other threads. If your running high 90s octane and 7 lbs at 5000 ft theres no need to pull timing. Boost-it never used them. Yes 12.2 - 12.4 on a long pull constant WOT. What I'm saying is. Go back to what Boost-its setup is. It works. I would run 7 Lbs with a mix of 40% VP c-12 and 60% Shell 91. As per Neils Spec. Are you still using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator?

Old 12-28-2017, 07:14 PM

One more thing. That sled properly tuned and setup will school most other turbo kits out there. I speak from expierence. Ive owned a few other brands.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead9825 View Post
Timing keys in some cases, have caused some running problems. You could search other threads. If your running high 90s octane and 7 lbs at 5000 ft theres no need to pull timing. Boost-it never used them. Yes 12.2 - 12.4 on a long pull constant WOT. What I'm saying is. Go back to what Boost-its setup is. It works. I would run 7 Lbs with a mix of 40% VP c-12 and 60% Shell 91. As per Neils Spec. Are you still using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator?

I know what you mean with the timing key, it could make some other odd issues come to play potentially. I was thinking on a trip to unplug it to see if I notice any other differences , however throwing a det code you'd think would be the opposite of what's going on? I know some guys who do tuning and custom turbo setups locally, they say to pull 1 degree of timing per # of boost and that one could make some more hp by pulling the timing since boost is different than n/a, so I figure'd it wouldn't hurt to have. And for 7# at 5k feet, from what I *think* I've read wouldn't that be on the high side? Googling sure doesn't turn up a whole lot it seems but it could be due to the "custom tailored" searches that it learns from you over time lol....

I went to the av gas like so many due to the price, its about 35% more per Liter than the 94 octane, or at that $1.84/liter, Race gas, I believe it was C12 is close to $10/L, so even straight av is much more affordable. However doing the calculation of the C12 being a 108MON fuel and the 91, thats 97.8 octane, so I'll up the av mix to match that and see if it resolves it, Certainly a solid point to start of course.

I am indeed using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator that comes with the kit and have the boost line plumbed to it. I'm going to shoot for a 12 a/f and see what happens as well, I had called to MTNTK and they said too rich can cause an artifical DET code on the bottom end? ever heard of that happening?

I appreciate the info and am learning lots.

Last edited by Octanee; 12-28-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:41 PM
HECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond reputeHECKS has a reputation beyond repute
The Following User Says Thank You to HECKS For This Useful Post:
Octanee (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-28-2017, 11:39 PM
Currently: the stutter button on the tnytro is too much fun!
roughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond reputeroughrider99 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-29-2017, 12:02 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-29-2017, 01:06 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-29-2017, 01:41 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-29-2017, 06:34 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,828 Times in 4,522 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-29-2017, 10:27 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-29-2017, 11:05 PM
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Octanee (12-30-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 10:51 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-31-2017, 10:53 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-31-2017, 11:38 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 12-31-2017, 12:16 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-31-2017, 03:30 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to sledhead9825 For This Useful Post:
Octanee (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 04:25 PM

Click Here to Register