For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
New Member Testing Area If you want to play with your messages and try different features, you can use this area to post and play to your hearts content without annoying anyone.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
andersoericb24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carb issue

Having issues keeping my sled running. Low throttle response is boggy and won't stay idling. Once it dies its a bitch to get started again. Carbs have been cleaned. Last owner said he may have put bigger jets in. Any ideas??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Basic Member
Rowdytbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersoericb24 View Post
Having issues keeping my sled running. Low throttle response is boggy and won't stay idling. Once it dies its a bitch to get started again. Carbs have been cleaned. Last owner said he may have put bigger jets in. Any ideas??

Just learning how to use this.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Basic Member

Quote:

Please help somebody!!

Old 12-12-2017, 07:19 AM
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please help somebody!!

Step one what is the carb on?
How many are there?
What type are they?
The more info you can give the better the results will be.
Try all the simple things first adjust choke cable to specs, ensure fresh fuel, put in new spark plugs. Did you check the old plugs are they wet or dry? If they're wet its flooding could be needle and seat leaking, float is adjusted wrong, choke is adjusted wrong. If the main jet is to large it shouldn't affect idle but a pilot jet will. Does the fuel pump put out can you see it pumping fuel?

Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old & slow View Post
Step one what is the carb on?
How many are there?
What type are they?
The more info you can give the better the results will be.
Try all the simple things first adjust choke cable to specs, ensure fresh fuel, put in new spark plugs. Did you check the old plugs are they wet or dry? If they're wet its flooding could be needle and seat leaking, float is adjusted wrong, choke is adjusted wrong. If the main jet is to large it shouldn't affect idle but a pilot jet will. Does the fuel pump put out can you see it pumping fuel?
It has fresh fuel, new plugs. Plugs are not wet. 95 polaris indy 440. Has 2 carbs. How do I adjust and check needle and seet

Old 12-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
It has fresh fuel, new plugs. Plugs are not wet. 95 polaris indy 440. Has 2 carbs. How do I adjust and check needle and seet

Spark plugs are wet, needle and seat are good, carbs are cleaned. What next???

Old 12-14-2017, 07:38 AM
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spark plugs are wet, needle and seat are good, carbs are cleaned. What next???

Is the choke cable and throttle cables adjusted correctly? If so I would do the following.

Remove both carbs mark them for left and right,
Remove bowl confirm float level, proper jets pilot and main, ensure jets are clean and all passages are clean including the choke.
Check needle and needle jet make sure they are the right part numbers check for needle wear.
Double check the needle and seat for proper function make sure there is nothing stuck in one. Small piece of dirt or a hair will cause them to flood.
I use a torch tip cleaner for cleaning jets along with compressed air. Make sure you don't make the jet larger with the cleaner as they are brass / soft.

Other things to check are:
fuel filter and or tank screen,
compression,
belt is it the right length / width,
primary clutch for wear, broken springs, seized rollers etc,
secondary clutch for proper movement,
exhaust may be plugged mice packing away seeds,
another thing to check would be reeds but i don't think Polaris used them on that model in 95 but i'm not sure.
Good luck let me know what you find.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Is the choke cable and throttle cables adjusted correctly? If so I would do the following.

Remove both carbs mark them for left and right,
Remove bowl confirm float level, proper jets pilot and main, ensure jets are clean and all passages are clean including the choke.
Check needle and needle jet make sure they are the right part numbers check for needle wear.
Double check the needle and seat for proper function make sure there is nothing stuck in one. Small piece of dirt or a hair will cause them to flood.
I use a torch tip cleaner for cleaning jets along with compressed air. Make sure you don't make the jet larger with the cleaner as they are brass / soft.

Other things to check are:
fuel filter and or tank screen,
compression,
belt is it the right length / width,
primary clutch for wear, broken springs, seized rollers etc,
secondary clutch for proper movement,
exhaust may be plugged mice packing away seeds,
another thing to check would be reeds but i don't think Polaris used them on that model in 95 but i'm not sure.
Good luck let me know what you find.
I checked all that, only thing I found was that the main jets are 140 but supposed to have 180 so I ordered some, pilot jet is the right size. My choke cables where pretty rusted but seemed to be working properly, I ordered new ones to be on the safe side. Needle and seet are good and clean. Starts but dies right away, plugs are wet, I can't find where all the extra fuel is coming from.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I checked all that, only thing I found was that the main jets are 140 but supposed to have 180 so I ordered some, pilot jet is the right size. My choke cables where pretty rusted but seemed to be working properly, I ordered new ones to be on the safe side. Needle and seet are good and clean. Starts but dies right away, plugs are wet, I can't find where all the extra fuel is coming from.

When it dies does it still have spark?
Also do you have a fuel shut off valve? You could run it completely dry and make sure the crank case is empty also. Your needle and seat control the flow of fuel and your float set the amount. Did you check the floats for cracks i have seen them crack before and not float. How are you checking the needle and seat ?

Old 12-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
When it dies does it still have spark?
Also do you have a fuel shut off valve? You could run it completely dry and make sure the crank case is empty also. Your needle and seat control the flow of fuel and your float set the amount. Did you check the floats for cracks i have seen them crack before and not float. How are you checking the needle and seat ?
The floats are not cracked. It has spark. I pulled the needle and seat out and they look good, not plugged or dirty. What else can I do? I'm lost!! Also where is my throttle cable supposed to be set and choke cables? Idk if that would have any effect on this issue or not.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Basic Member
Lake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Basic Member
steepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to steepndeeper For This Useful Post:
Old & slow (12-21-2017)