For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com



Upgrade to Premium
New Member Testing Area If you want to play with your messages and try different features, you can use this area to post and play to your hearts content without annoying anyone.
Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2017, 02:50 PM
andersoericb24 andersoericb24 is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Dec 2017
Basic Member
Age: 26
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
andersoericb24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carb issue

Having issues keeping my sled running. Low throttle response is boggy and won't stay idling. Once it dies its a bitch to get started again. Carbs have been cleaned. Last owner said he may have put bigger jets in. Any ideas??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #2  
Old 12-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Rowdytbone Rowdytbone is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Dec 2017
Basic Member
Age: 34
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Rowdytbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersoericb24 View Post
Having issues keeping my sled running. Low throttle response is boggy and won't stay idling. Once it dies its a bitch to get started again. Carbs have been cleaned. Last owner said he may have put bigger jets in. Any ideas??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Just learning how to use this.
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #3  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:59 PM
andersoericb24 andersoericb24 is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Dec 2017
Basic Member
Age: 26
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
andersoericb24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersoericb24 View Post
Having issues keeping my sled running. Low throttle response is boggy and won't stay idling. Once it dies its a bitch to get started again. Carbs have been cleaned. Last owner said he may have put bigger jets in. Any ideas??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Please help somebody!!


Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #4  
Old 12-12-2017, 07:19 AM
Old & slow Old & slow is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alberta
Posts: 240
Thanks: 61
Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 2016302
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersoericb24 View Post
Please help somebody!!


Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Step one what is the carb on?
How many are there?
What type are they?
The more info you can give the better the results will be.
Try all the simple things first adjust choke cable to specs, ensure fresh fuel, put in new spark plugs. Did you check the old plugs are they wet or dry? If they're wet its flooding could be needle and seat leaking, float is adjusted wrong, choke is adjusted wrong. If the main jet is to large it shouldn't affect idle but a pilot jet will. Does the fuel pump put out can you see it pumping fuel?
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #5  
Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 PM
andersoericb24 andersoericb24 is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Dec 2017
Basic Member
Age: 26
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
andersoericb24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old & slow View Post
Step one what is the carb on?
How many are there?
What type are they?
The more info you can give the better the results will be.
Try all the simple things first adjust choke cable to specs, ensure fresh fuel, put in new spark plugs. Did you check the old plugs are they wet or dry? If they're wet its flooding could be needle and seat leaking, float is adjusted wrong, choke is adjusted wrong. If the main jet is to large it shouldn't affect idle but a pilot jet will. Does the fuel pump put out can you see it pumping fuel?
It has fresh fuel, new plugs. Plugs are not wet. 95 polaris indy 440. Has 2 carbs. How do I adjust and check needle and seet

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #6  
Old 12-13-2017, 11:13 AM
andersoericb24 andersoericb24 is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Dec 2017
Basic Member
Age: 26
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
andersoericb24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersoericb24 View Post
It has fresh fuel, new plugs. Plugs are not wet. 95 polaris indy 440. Has 2 carbs. How do I adjust and check needle and seet

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Spark plugs are wet, needle and seat are good, carbs are cleaned. What next???

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #7  
Old 12-14-2017, 07:38 AM
Old & slow Old & slow is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alberta
Posts: 240
Thanks: 61
Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 2016302
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersoericb24 View Post
Spark plugs are wet, needle and seat are good, carbs are cleaned. What next???

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Is the choke cable and throttle cables adjusted correctly? If so I would do the following.

Remove both carbs mark them for left and right,
Remove bowl confirm float level, proper jets pilot and main, ensure jets are clean and all passages are clean including the choke.
Check needle and needle jet make sure they are the right part numbers check for needle wear.
Double check the needle and seat for proper function make sure there is nothing stuck in one. Small piece of dirt or a hair will cause them to flood.
I use a torch tip cleaner for cleaning jets along with compressed air. Make sure you don't make the jet larger with the cleaner as they are brass / soft.

Other things to check are:
fuel filter and or tank screen,
compression,
belt is it the right length / width,
primary clutch for wear, broken springs, seized rollers etc,
secondary clutch for proper movement,
exhaust may be plugged mice packing away seeds,
another thing to check would be reeds but i don't think Polaris used them on that model in 95 but i'm not sure.
Good luck let me know what you find.
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #8  
Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 AM
andersoericb24 andersoericb24 is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Dec 2017
Basic Member
Age: 26
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
andersoericb24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old & slow View Post
Is the choke cable and throttle cables adjusted correctly? If so I would do the following.

Remove both carbs mark them for left and right,
Remove bowl confirm float level, proper jets pilot and main, ensure jets are clean and all passages are clean including the choke.
Check needle and needle jet make sure they are the right part numbers check for needle wear.
Double check the needle and seat for proper function make sure there is nothing stuck in one. Small piece of dirt or a hair will cause them to flood.
I use a torch tip cleaner for cleaning jets along with compressed air. Make sure you don't make the jet larger with the cleaner as they are brass / soft.

Other things to check are:
fuel filter and or tank screen,
compression,
belt is it the right length / width,
primary clutch for wear, broken springs, seized rollers etc,
secondary clutch for proper movement,
exhaust may be plugged mice packing away seeds,
another thing to check would be reeds but i don't think Polaris used them on that model in 95 but i'm not sure.
Good luck let me know what you find.
I checked all that, only thing I found was that the main jets are 140 but supposed to have 180 so I ordered some, pilot jet is the right size. My choke cables where pretty rusted but seemed to be working properly, I ordered new ones to be on the safe side. Needle and seet are good and clean. Starts but dies right away, plugs are wet, I can't find where all the extra fuel is coming from.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #9  
Old 12-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Old & slow Old & slow is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alberta
Posts: 240
Thanks: 61
Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 2016302
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersoericb24 View Post
I checked all that, only thing I found was that the main jets are 140 but supposed to have 180 so I ordered some, pilot jet is the right size. My choke cables where pretty rusted but seemed to be working properly, I ordered new ones to be on the safe side. Needle and seet are good and clean. Starts but dies right away, plugs are wet, I can't find where all the extra fuel is coming from.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
When it dies does it still have spark?
Also do you have a fuel shut off valve? You could run it completely dry and make sure the crank case is empty also. Your needle and seat control the flow of fuel and your float set the amount. Did you check the floats for cracks i have seen them crack before and not float. How are you checking the needle and seat ?
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #10  
Old 12-19-2017, 11:38 AM
andersoericb24 andersoericb24 is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Dec 2017
Basic Member
Age: 26
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
andersoericb24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old & slow View Post
When it dies does it still have spark?
Also do you have a fuel shut off valve? You could run it completely dry and make sure the crank case is empty also. Your needle and seat control the flow of fuel and your float set the amount. Did you check the floats for cracks i have seen them crack before and not float. How are you checking the needle and seat ?
The floats are not cracked. It has spark. I pulled the needle and seat out and they look good, not plugged or dirty. What else can I do? I'm lost!! Also where is my throttle cable supposed to be set and choke cables? Idk if that would have any effect on this issue or not.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #11  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Old & slow Old & slow is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alberta
Posts: 240
Thanks: 61
Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 2016302
Old & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond reputeOld & slow has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

  #12  
Old 12-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Lake Powell Lake Powell is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Silt, Colorado
Basic Member
Age: 58
Posts: 29
Thanks: 11
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Lake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

  #13  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:08 PM
steepndeeper steepndeeper is offline
Currently: Not set.
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Idaho
Basic Member
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 563904
steepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond reputesteepndeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to steepndeeper For This Useful Post:
Old & slow (12-21-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thread — Snow Ingestion Issue? - 07 600 HO RMK (carb) Thread Starter — groomerdriver Forum — Polaris: IQ Replies — 5 Last Post — 12-08-2015 10:26 PM
Thread — CARB ISSUE I THINK??? Thread Starter — snowcap Forum — Ski-Doo Replies — 2 Last Post — 12-20-2011 08:32 AM
Thread — 07 carb 600 has bog issue... Thread Starter — yukonrider Forum — Polaris: IQ Replies — 2 Last Post — 12-06-2011 08:45 AM
Thread — 2000 MM700 Carb Switch Issue Thread Starter — MNpowderfiend Forum — Yamaha: 2-stroke Replies — 7 Last Post — 12-16-2009 12:01 PM
Thread — ProX 600 carb issue Thread Starter — turboDS1300 Forum — Polaris Replies — 2 Last Post — 12-27-2008 11:03 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.

no new posts