For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: XP Sleds 2007.5-current, all models in the XP, XT and XR chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Currently: Not set.
MtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond reputeMtnRidr4Life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wossner vs Pro-X Pistons

Anyone know if Pro-X is a decent choice for pistons?

I know RKT and Bikeman both use Wossner. The place I had my crank trued at suggested putting in the Pro-X, which is half the price of the Wossner and comes with everything including the wristpin bearing.

If the Pro-X are good, I'm curious the performance difference between that the Wossner.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Currently: Mechanic for and Advisor to SHR
Basic Member
FEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the Pro-X is a good piston and they use the Riken ring, which is an excellent ring.

SHR offers these pistons for the cast option and the RKT designed Wisecos for the forged option.

The Wossner's used by RKT and SHR are different than the "off the shelf" Wossners. The off the shelf Wossners are standard Wiseco copy's.

RKT no longer uses Wossner to manufacturer their pistons, they use Wiseco. RKT and SHR worked together to design this piston.

Each piston/pin is 86G lighter, if memory serves. I ran the original prototype Wiseco RKT piston in my '09 for 3 seasons. I also run them in my 15' as well.

You cannot go wrong with either IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to FEZ For This Useful Post:
dingalingman1 (09-04-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Basic Member
BBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond reputeBBP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZ View Post
Yes, the Pro-X is a good piston and they use the Riken ring, which is an excellent ring.

SHR offers these pistons for the cast option and the RKT designed Wisecos for the forged option.

The Wossner's used by RKT and SHR are different than the "off the shelf" Wossners. The off the shelf Wossners are standard Wiseco copy's.

RKT no longer uses Wossner to manufacturer their pistons, they use Wiseco. RKT and SHR worked together to design this piston.

Each piston/pin is 86G lighter, if memory serves. I ran the original prototype Wiseco RKT piston in my '09 for 3 seasons. I also run them in my 15' as well.
So, what do you sell? Wiseco or Wossner? It seems like not too long ago, SHR & RKT were both pushing wossner & staying away from wiseco. Best thing since peanut butter. Which piston is 86gr lighter & lighter than what, stock? To improve crank balance on the 800R, do you want a lighter or heavier piston? Just curious about the weights, as I will be putting an 880 together soon & will need pistons. I know it's different, but the principles are the same. I'm also curious about what's different on the custom designed stock replacements. Thanks.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Currently: Mechanic for and Advisor to SHR
Basic Member
FEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond reputeFEZ has a reputation beyond repute

SHR offers the Pro-X for the customer wanting to run a cast piston. We offer the RKT/SHR designed Wiseco for the customer wanting a lighter, forged piston.

Wossner became too difficult to deal with so the decision was made to switch manufacturers.

Call John @ 612.718.3861 for further clarification.

The Following User Says Thank You to FEZ For This Useful Post:
BBP (03-20-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 08:28 AM
portgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond reputeportgrinder has a reputation beyond repute

back in the day when i was a sledder, the folks on here pedaling products called them siezeco's. were they that bad...i dont think so. never had an issue with a wiseco when they are set up properly

Anyhoo, i have run the wossners in other applications and they haven't missed a beat. some applications making 40% more torque than stock

if you have a unit you're going to keep around and it has some value, i would use a wossner. if you want to save some cash and are running pretty much stock, maybe try something else.