For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Minnesota North Shore, Grand Marias, Twin Cities, etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2017, 07:30 AM
Currently: The person Elky looks up too.
Thanked 3,823 Times in 2,147 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute
Default MN 2017 Avalanche Class Schedule

Since this should be on everyone's mind this time of year I wanted to put together a thread of all the avalanche classes in MN that we know about and stick it right to the top of the MN page.

Feel free to post any additional classes that you know about.

Mike Duffy, please feel free to put in any updates to this thread that you would like.

Nov. 6th – Grand Rapids – Ray’s Sport and Cycle – Free BRP Class (Mike Duffy)

Nov. 10th – Worthington – Jaycox Powersports – Free BRP Class (Mike Duffy)

Nov. 29th – Monticello – Moon Motorsports – Avalanche Training Class (Mike Duffy)

Nov. 30th - Sauk Center – Country Cat – Avalanche Training Class (Mike Duffy)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NorthMNSledder For This Useful Post:
breisma (11-01-2017), Pro-8250 (10-31-2017), Rave (11-01-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 07:03 AM
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

I'm headed to the Moon Motorsports Class, got signed up for that one the other day. $49 for the class and then you get a $25 gift card to the dealership as a bonus for signing up.

If anyone else is heading to that one let me know. Be great to say hi in person.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Currently: Not set.
Yaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Moon Motorsports more than any dealership I have ever been to. My work is half a mile from them and they have never once been able to help with any parts, clothing, service, new sleds, you name it. And they are pricks. I also know 2 people who are somewhat friends that work there and still won't walk in that place if you paid me. So in short I won't be attending that one...

Old 11-03-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaeger34 View Post
I hate Moon Motorsports more than any dealership I have ever been to. My work is half a mile from them and they have never once been able to help with any parts, clothing, service, new sleds, you name it. And they are pricks. I also know 2 people who are somewhat friends that work there and still won't walk in that place if you paid me. So in short I won't be attending that one...
Wow, I have not been in there since they moved (not in my area of local dealer ships they are about 40 mins away from me). But I never had a bad experience with them in the past.

When you say "they haven't been able to help with any parts, clothing, service, new sleds" what do you mean?

Old 11-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Currently: Not set.
Yaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond reputeYaeger34 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep in mind I have been in there about 10 times. Once to buy a ktm 350, no one would get me a price. Bought elsewhere. Another time to buy a rmk axys, they didn't believe I was actually going to buy one so never bothered getting me a price even after I called back. Tried to buy a razor and same deal.

Parts. Have tried to buy polaris ski rubbers, standard push pins or clips, bolts, have never had one in stock. Asked to buy basic things for a suzuki dirtbike that honda had the same thing, they actually wouldn't sell me it because I said it was for a suzuki. I could go on and on. I know most dealerships are all going downhill in many ways and customer service but my God is Moon just the most frustrating place I have ever been motorsports wise.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaeger34 View Post
Keep in mind I have been in there about 10 times. Once to buy a ktm 350, no one would get me a price. Bought elsewhere. Another time to buy a rmk axys, they didn't believe I was actually going to buy one so never bothered getting me a price even after I called back. Tried to buy a razor and same deal.

Parts. Have tried to buy polaris ski rubbers, standard push pins or clips, bolts, have never had one in stock. Asked to buy basic things for a suzuki dirtbike that honda had the same thing, they actually wouldn't sell me it because I said it was for a suzuki. I could go on and on. I know most dealerships are all going downhill in many ways and customer service but my God is Moon just the most frustrating place I have ever been motorsports wise.
That's terrible!

Old 11-14-2017, 12:08 PM

Just an FYI Tuesday Nov. 21st there is an Avalanche training class at Power Lodge Twin Cites (old Pro-Power Sports in Ramsey). Cost of the class is only $25 and this one is taught by Avalanche professional Jeremy Hanke. I have never been to any of his classes but for $25 I figured I would check it out. He has an interesting back story if you don't already know.

http://jeremy-hanke.com/about/

They do have their event up on their Facebook page but I was not able to find it on their website.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1529...tive_tab=about

If you are interesting in going just give the shop a call. Also let me know if you end up going as I always like to catch up with any SnoWest people.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:06 AM

So last night I attended one of Jeremy Hanke’s Avalanche “Seminars”. I say seminar as it’s not really a class like Duffy’s intro class is and Jeremy makes this known right from the start. If anyone has been to one of Duffy’s class’s you know he is very mellow and it’s much more of a teacher environment. Jeremy is pretty much on the opposite side of this spectrum. He is very brash, more excitable and has a much more colorful language during his presentation. For those that don’t know Jeremy is an avalanche survivor and comes at things more from the normal person “I’ve made mistakes and I’m here to help you not make the same ones” side of this. The Seminar touches on a lot of avalanche topics but does not dive too deep into them. He is a big one for pushing for the full on the snow class. While he does come off a bit harsh and to the point at times he was extremely open to questions and genuinely seemed like he wanted to be there and get people involved in avalanche training.

Knowing his back story I wanted to see his presentation as I thought it would be interesting to see things from his point of view and he did not disappoint. And I think his on snow class would be very interesting to take.

The cost was $25 at the new Power Lodge Twin Cities (old Pro-Powersports in Ramsey) and we got a $25 coupon towards any 509 gear. Also with him was a few reps from 509, ABS and KLIM with some 10% off deals for the evening.

P.S. Just a heads to those taking his AST-1 class. When you get into the actual practicing he might through some curve balls into the mix to really get you thinking about what you’re doing. He might have mentioned that last night.