For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Currently: ND. Meatball Crew / Polaris Ambassador
FatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Trailer Floor Option

Well..............Yet again another discussion on trailer floors!

So, I've got an inline 7X29 Legend enclosed trailer and I was to the point I wanted something on the floor to protect it. I've looked at different coatings and recently was running ski slips which works well but obviously adds another factor every time you load and unload. I just wanted something that was simple and worked!

I started doing more research and came across a flooring tile that is actually an option in the Charmac trailers. It's a vented, flow through tile system made by Mateflex. Here's a quick video on the product,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiH9ESV57K8

So after watching that video, I started looking at several different brands of these type of tiles.

I reached out to different companies including Mateflex, Race Deck and Swiss Trax. All three of these companies offer a flow through tile designs. After speaking with each of these three companies I received samples of each.

Here are some links to each of the three different products,

Swisstrax, Ribtrax
https://www.swisstrax.com/flooring-tiles/ribtrax/

Race Deck, Free Flow
http://racedeck.com/racedeck-products/free-flow/

Mateflex 2
http://www.mateflex.com/products/mateflex-ii

For some quick facts on these products,

Swisstrax is the thickest at 3/4" and is the largest tiles at 15.75" by 15.75"

Race Deck and Mateflex are 12" by 12".

All three offer a flow through design and snap together when installing.

Once I received all three I started some testing on each of them. One of the main tests was running the carbides across them. Surprising all them did very well. I also ran a studded track across them and it appeared as if the Swisstrax held up the best with only leaving small dimples in the tile.

From there I starting comparing dimensions of each and how they would lay out in my trailer. Basically looking how much tile would have to be cut and what it would look like.

I then contacted Race Deck and Swisstrax, which both of them have never come across this type of use, with regard to snowmobiles. Both companies were very helpful and offered additional information as well as a discounted price from the advertised price.

In the end, I decided to go with Swisstrax. Some of the reasons include the thickness as they were the heaviest and they seemed to hold up a little better with the tests. The size of the Swisstrax also worked out better for my trailer width. I basically could fit 5 tiles across with very little trimming.

The install went very smooth and I trimmed out for all my floor D-rings. I used a jig saw for the trimming and for the edge cuts, I used a table saw but I think a tile cutter would have been better for the longer / big cuts. The saws leave some burnt pieces behind but they can be pulled or trimmed off pretty easy.

If you need to pop a tile out, they unsnap pretty easy and snap back together without issue. If I wanted, I could actually unsnap one entire side and the front pieces and the entire floor could probably be pulled out!

Obviously this is still an "experiment" so to speak but with the information I obtained, I'm confident the stuff should hold up pretty good.

If you are interested in the Swisstrax contact them and ask for "Eddie". He was super easy to deal with and informed me to pass his name along for any questions and a forum discount.

I attached some before, after and progress pics, and if anyone has more questions, shoot!!!

Polaris Pro RMK Axys 850 / 163
Polaris IQR 600
HD Street Glide with all kinds of goodies
Can Am Maverick X DS Turbo
Legend Enclosed Trailer (the toy box)

Last edited by FatDogX; 10-05-2017 at 06:21 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FatDogX For This Useful Post:
DUKHTR3 (10-04-2017), tadder52 (10-05-2017), turbolover (10-10-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 06:47 PM
FatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond repute

Some before pics,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2447.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	286297

Name:	IMG_2449.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	286298

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polaris IQR 600

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-04-2017, 06:48 PM

Install,

Name:	IMG_2452.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	286299Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2450.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	286300

Polaris IQR 600

Old 10-04-2017, 06:50 PM

And the finished product!!

Name:	IMG_2451.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	286301

Name:	IMG_2454.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	286302

Name:	IMG_2455.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	286303

Name:	IMG_2456.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	286304

Name:	IMG_2457.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	286305

Polaris IQR 600

Old 10-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Default Another Trailer Floor Option

Name:	IMG_2453.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	286306 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2448.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	286307

Polaris IQR 600

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDogX For This Useful Post:
tadder52 (10-05-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Currently: Not set.
DUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond reputeDUKHTR3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure looks good. What's the cost? Either square foot or for your trailer.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to DUKHTR3 For This Useful Post:
FatDogX (10-04-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 08:46 PM
96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute96-ramair has a reputation beyond repute

Very good research and a very nice looking install! In addition to the cost being mentioned already, I'm also curious how is the walking traction? Plastic floor wet with snow and heavy boots would seem like it could be very slippery, but maybe the rib texture offsets the material slickness?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by 96-ramair; 10-04-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKHTR3 View Post
Sure looks good. What's the cost? Either square foot or for your trailer.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
As far as cost your looking at about $3.00 a square foot if I remember correctly. I purchased them a few months back.

Polaris IQR 600

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatDogX For This Useful Post:
donbrown (10-07-2017), fudge313 (10-05-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96-ramair View Post
Very good research and a very nice looking install! In addition to the cost being mentioned already, I'm also curious how is the walking traction? Plastic floor wet with snow and heavy boots would seem like it could be very slippery, but maybe the rib texture offsets the material slickness?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I did mess around with getting them wet and asked the company as well and really it's not bad. The ribbed texture is pretty heavy and the tops of each rib are rounded so the water drains off right away. Now obviously snow and ice can build up but that happens on a regular floor as well. My bare plywood floor has gotten pretty slippery in the past as well.

As far as price, like I said in a previous post, I believe it was right around $3.00 a square foot, but I think they'l still work with anyone else that would be interested.

And yes.....install....super easy!!! Just take your time, measure twice and cut once and then click them together.

Polaris IQR 600

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
donbrown (10-07-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Currently: Rye whisky Rye whisky Rye whisky I cry
Bocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Currently: Making Feethookers!
meathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Thanked 1,113 Times in 635 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-05-2017, 09:09 AM

Click Here to Register

turbolover (10-10-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 09:46 AM
meathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond reputemeathooker has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-05-2017, 09:56 AM
Currently: The person Elky looks up too.
Thanked 3,837 Times in 2,153 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Thanked 1,113 Times in 635 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-05-2017, 02:43 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meathooker For This Useful Post:
FatDogX (10-06-2017), NorthMNSledder (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 11:35 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-09-2017, 11:05 PM
Currently: Waiting for some Snow
zal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-10-2017, 06:28 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Currently: Waiting for some Snow
zal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond reputezal has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-16-2018, 08:42 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 02-26-2018, 07:27 PM
driver1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register