For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
m-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond repute
Default CFR Boondocker bars

Looking at the CFR Boondocker 2.0 bars for my 12 XF Turbo with the vertical steering. Any one add these bars? I want to keep my factory controls, and I like the new smaller feeling Cat gripes/heaters/ect. Basically I just want a turn key set of bars with out much issues. Any tips? I've read fill the bars with foam?
Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Currently: rigging instad of riding
0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-ervin View Post
Looking at the CFR Boondocker 2.0 bars for my 12 XF Turbo with the vertical steering. Any one add these bars? I want to keep my factory controls, and I like the new smaller feeling Cat gripes/heaters/ect. Basically I just want a turn key set of bars with out much issues. Any tips? I've read fill the bars with foam?
Thanks
I have a set of CFR bars on my M1100T. But not sure if there is enough area for all of the OEM garbage on the control surface area. I stripped mine down, just have an aluminum throttle block, grips, and brake lever. Filling the bars with foam will help keep some heat, as aluminum bars will rob heat from the elements quickly. I never did, just used RSI grips & heaters.
Probably cheaper to just buy a set of the accessory bars in the catalog, and a ton less work.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Currently: working for the man
boondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond repute

All the photos I've seen of the CFR bars on Cats with stock controls have the brake master cylinder mounted on the bar where the curve starts down. CFR bars are 1-1/8" clamp with a drop on them. So if you're looking for a straight replacement they won't work with your stock 7/8 clamp and riser height (the 1100 vertical steering isn't telescopic, right?). Unless the ends of your bars are open, putting foam on the inside of the bars for grip heater insulation is not going to help much as it is already a closed air space. You have to insulate between the bar and the element as that is where the heat transfer problem occurs. Heat is sucked through the aluminum and transferred to the outside air on exposed surfaces of the bar. Unfortunately that increases the grip diameter.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435025
2009 M1300, 2001 Mountain Cat 800 LE, 1972 Kitty Cat
Gone but not Forgotten:
1999 Powder Special 600 LE, 1998 Powder Special 600, 1993 EXT 550, 1980 JAG 340

Old 10-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Currently: Working on 2018 Proclimb mods
Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,393 Posts
RACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond repute

You can use a Rox riser to adapt from the stock post to the CFR bars. If you need help we should have everything you need.

The Racin Station

60 South 1st Street Driggs, Idaho 83422
Ph: 208-354-2777 E-Mail: racinstation@hotmail.com

The Racin Station is your TURBO MOD HEADQUARTERS
for Arctic Cat Proclimb 8000/1100 and Yamaha Vipers and Sidewinders!

TIMBERSLED FULL LINE DEALER!!!
Proclimb Carbon Fiber Vents
Your MDS weight headquarters
Team ProClimb secondary complete setups ready!
Reman M6,M7,M8 and M1000 cylinders in stock.

Jaws M8 Singles for the 2012-2017 in stock!
Jacobsen Rollover valves in stock for M1100Turbo and Viper/M7000!!
Camoplast 3" and 3.2" 174, 162 and 156 x15 tracks on hand now

Old 10-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
m-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond reputem-ervin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the response guys. I ended up going Cole Willford 252 bars. Thanks to Sled Solutions for the setup.