For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Boosted Sleds (Turbo or Supercharged) Turbo discussion for Yamaha aftermarket Turbo or Super Charged sleds.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Currently: Not set.
utsnowdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
Default Need help '08 Nytro with Ulmer turbo set up

I've taken over someone elses project. It's an '08 Nytro with an Ulmer turbo set up. A rod escaped through the side of the block. (Actually both sides of the block) I found a good used motor and am currently rebuilding it. I've owned 30+ 2-strokers and rebuilt many of them, but this is my 1st 4 stroke. It's going back together with a shimmed head, ARP head studs, stage 8 locking fasteners new gaskets, bearings, rings, etc. I'll re-time the cams to compensate for the head shim. I'll check and re-check everything before it goes back in the sled. WAAAY more parts than a 2 stroke.
I'd like to get a copy of the original Ulmer installation instructions. I want to go through everything to ensure I'll have a reliable machine when I hit the starter button. I need to identify what stage my kit is. It's got a tag on the turbo that reads 471171-5009. It's got gray injectors, a tunnel dump straight pipe (U-pipe would better describe it)
Anyone that could post the kit instructions or offer me some advice? I'd sure appreciate it.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 07-19-2017, 05:06 PM
Currently: currently looking for work to support my habit
bholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried contacting Allen Ulmer at Ulmer Racing directly. Anytime i had a question regarding one of his products or a question regarding a nytro in general he was always a wealth of information.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Currently: let it snow
zx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsnowdog View Post
I've taken over someone elses project. It's an '08 Nytro with an Ulmer turbo set up. A rod escaped through the side of the block. (Actually both sides of the block) I found a good used motor and am currently rebuilding it. I've owned 30+ 2-strokers and rebuilt many of them, but this is my 1st 4 stroke. It's going back together with a shimmed head, ARP head studs, stage 8 locking fasteners new gaskets, bearings, rings, etc. I'll re-time the cams to compensate for the head shim. I'll check and re-check everything before it goes back in the sled. WAAAY more parts than a 2 stroke.

I'd like to get a copy of the original Ulmer installation instructions. I want to go through everything to ensure I'll have a reliable machine when I hit the starter button. I need to identify what stage my kit is. It's got a tag on the turbo that reads 471171-5009. It's got gray injectors, a tunnel dump straight pipe (U-pipe would better describe it)

Anyone that could post the kit instructions or offer me some advice? I'd sure appreciate it.

Don't waste your time calling ulmer in the summer. The grey injectors are stock I hope it has the pcv instead of original pc3 there is lots of info on this site and ty if you search
https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218683

Old 07-20-2017, 10:29 PM
zx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond reputezx4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Also for cam timing and head shim go with oft racing spooled up kit. Great kit for the money. And his instructions are very good.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Garage

Thank you for the reply. Yes, been trying to get a hold of Alan. He must be a busy man. How can I determine if I have a pcv or a pc3?

Old 07-25-2017, 03:22 PM

Pc3 you can adjust the fuel on the front of the controller but they did not work well. The pcv is better but I have upgraded to a boost it controller and it is unbelievable the difference. Also make sure the intake is outside the hood or you will suck steam. And make sure it has a mountaintech skid plate on it.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:07 PM
Basic Member
xpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond reputexpturbo600 has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you live? I am in Idaho Falls. I know all of what you are asking about. I have done it several times and have recently built a full race motor for my viper. You can get free instructions from the hurricane performance website. Just make sure to find the download icon for the 400 hp kit under the yxz side by side. They are very good. Also, make sure to be careful with the front left stud. It goes into the water pump cavity. You either red loctite it in a raised position or grind down the stud. PM me if you have any other questions. We can email or talk on the phone.

Also, i have a takeoff boostit xic fuel controller if you are interested in buying it from me. I moved on to a pcv since i have a fully ported head the xic only adjusts for boost, not NA improvements.

Last edited by xpturbo600; 08-26-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Garage

Sent pm. thanks

Last edited by utsnowdog; 09-02-2017 at 09:50 AM.