For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Powder Room This is the SnoWest LADIES forum.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Elauer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ski doo 850 or axys 800?

I'm trying to decide what to buy and I keep going back and forth between these two. I want something that I can roll up easily and hold a side hill on without fighting it. I currently ride a 2010 polaris dragon 800 and like it but I'm ready to upgrade. Any thoughts?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Currently: I can't ride until I find my Superman cape!
Bubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond reputeBubba has a reputation beyond repute
Default sled

2018 cat..

Old 04-02-2017, 11:50 AM
TJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond repute

Love my 165 850 with a 3 inch track. In fact, we are snowchecking a 175 and keeping the 165. My wife refuses to get back on her T3 after riding the 850 for an hour in Cooke City.

The Axys is a great sled also but if you ride them side by side you will definitely notice some differences. Both sleds are outstanding and can be pushed to sidehill extreme terrain consistently and predictably in places that have very high consequences for small mistakes.

Good luck!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,856 Times in 7,051 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elauer View Post
I'm trying to decide what to buy and I keep going back and forth between these two. I want something that I can roll up easily and hold a side hill on without fighting it. I currently ride a 2010 polaris dragon 800 and like it but I'm ready to upgrade. Any thoughts?
For the first time in years my wife has suddenly shown interest in sledding with me next season.

If she follows through, I will get her an 850 with the new SHOT restarting system.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Currently: trials213mt@gmail.com
Solarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond reputeSolarguy has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I both ride AXYS 163 2.6" and love them, best sleds we have ever owned. That being said, I spent time on the new 850 165 3" this winter and was impressed, also a very capable sled.
You can't go wrong with either but depending on your riding style you might prefer one over the other. If you choose the AXYS definitely go with the 2.6" track as it has proven to be a fantastic track and works really well on the AXYS

Old 04-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,130 Times in 423 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Coming from your Dragon 800, the Axys is going to make everything easier-- from pull starting to riding sidehills.

Val is 5' 2" and rips on her 163 3" Axys, after riding 163" ProRide ProRMKs. I don't mean she put-puts in the trees with the skis on the ground and a successful day is her not getting stuck. I mean she gets after it and buries her elbows and shoulders in pow turns.

When she stood on the 850, she immediately noticed the added width at her ankles on the tunnel.

Speedcell Technologies-- Founding Member

Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue-snowmobile team

Old 04-06-2017, 10:08 AM
Basic Member
Elauer is an unknown quantity at this point

I rode an axys this past weekend and liked how it felt but it was harder to pull up than my dragon or even the husband's new viper. I think that could be fixed with some adjustments and seat time though.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,130 Times in 423 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I rode an axys this past weekend and liked how it felt but it was harder to pull up than my dragon or even the husband's new viper. I think that could be fixed with some adjustments and seat time though.

Not doubting your experience, but that is not the usual impression. The Axys, like the Pro before it, are really sensitive to seemingly minor suspension adjustments. With a few turns on the springs, you can make a sweet handling Axys ride like turd..... and vice versa. Something can't be right if your husband's Viper feels easier to pull up.

Just realized you are in California.

If you are near Truckee, we could meet up and you could try one of our 163" 3", or I could arrange for you to try a 155" Axys in Truckee-- I just need to go grab one from Auburn Extreme Powersports (Auburn, CA).

Regardless of what you buy, we are always looking for other couples that ride.

Murph

Speedcell Technologies-- Founding Member

Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue-snowmobile team

Old 04-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Currently: Back in the game!
Dogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond reputeDogmeat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just pick the one you like best. At the end of the day, thats what matters.

They are both very fine machines and you'll have to get used to riding either one of them to get them to do what you want to do .... But you can do it all on either one of them.

I have an Axys and I've been thrilled with it, but I've put some seat time in this year on the new 850 Skidoo as well.

Simply put, if the local dealer for me would have been Skidoo, I probably would be on an 850, but they're Polaris, so I bought the Polaris.

You really can't go wrong with either.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:25 PM
logan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond reputelogan1080 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Thanked 1,431 Times in 589 Posts
madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 05-04-2017, 10:08 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-04-2017, 10:11 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Currently: Looking Forward To A 0Degree Afternoon!!
Basic Member
AdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond reputeAdrenalineAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Currently: Waiting for Feb. 23
Old Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-29-2017, 09:03 AM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register