For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Electronics Beacons, GPS, communication systems, etc.....

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
uglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action Camera/ Go Pro-freezing in cold weather

Im sick and tired of my action camera not working. Ive tried reaching out to the big names in the sport like Dave Norona and Chris burandt to see what these guy use to get their awesome footage for soemthing that just works. My camera immedidalty freezes up as well as many ive heard of. Googled just about every comination of words but cant seem to find anything definitve on the subject. Ideas to get a good camera with amazing battery life?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-23-2017, 02:18 AM
Basic Member
uglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond reputeuglyfugly has a reputation beyond repute

no one?

Old 02-27-2017, 06:14 PM
MODERATOR: Premium Member
Idcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I've got a couple year old Garmin Virb Elite.

It seems to have decent (multiple hour on standby, 2-3 hour recording) battery life.

'04 1M 1500 162" Challenger Extreme, M8 rear suspension, Custom jetting, clutching and gearing

Old 01-05-2018, 11:27 PM
Currently: Hooray for Snow!
Escmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contour Roam

Well I really hope I'm not too late to be helpful. Sorry if I am.

The Contour Roam is SOOOOOO much better than the GoPro for snowmobiling use. Cold weather battery life is 20 times better. Also, it is so easy to turn it on and be absolutely certain it is on. And so easy to turn it off and be absolutely certain it is off. I always had nothing but frustration with snowmobiling with my go pro. I got my contour and now I have nothing but smiles.

I still use my gopro for other activities and the screen is really nice sometimes, but snowmobiling goes to the Contour and it's not even close - orders of magnitude ahead.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Basic Member
Thrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond reputeThrillscrilla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escmanaze View Post

The Contour Roam is SOOOOOO much better than the GoPro for snowmobiling use. Cold weather battery life is 20 times better. Also, it is so easy to turn it on and be absolutely certain it is on. And so easy to turn it off and be absolutely certain it is off. I always had nothing but frustration with snowmobiling with my go pro. I got my contour and now I have nothing but smiles.

I still use my gopro for other activities and the screen is really nice sometimes, but snowmobiling goes to the Contour and it's not even close - orders of magnitude ahead.
I feel like I need to pick one up after reading this! Looks pretty legit. Glad to know I'm not the only having probs w/ GoPro too.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:38 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,181 Times in 7,182 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escmanaze View Post

Is Contour BACK FROM THE DEAD??

I had a couple of their cameras YEARS ago and LOVED them for Sledding.
They were SO EASY to use in the snow!!

Old 01-29-2018, 01:45 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

this could be fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	contour.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	292290  

Old 01-30-2018, 03:44 AM
Basic Member
nicolas is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you talking about a goPro camera? Looks strage, as I am using a chinese Xiaomi, and it works pretty well in winter conditions (but it's brand new, 2 months old)...I thought GoPro is the best

Old 01-30-2018, 10:54 AM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas View Post
Are you talking about a goPro camera? Looks strage, as I am using a chinese Xiaomi, and it works pretty well in winter conditions (but it's brand new, 2 months old)...I thought GoPro is the best
My experience with MANY Go Pros is that they really do NOT like COLD weather and are a bit of a pain in the butt to use in adverse weather conditions.

While the Contour got blown out of the water by GoPro, it DID have a couple exceptionally nice features for use by Snowmobilers.

#1.
The dual optical lasers were OUTSTANDING for aligning the camera to make absolutely certain you were filming exactly what you wanted without the camera being aimed to High or to Low.

#2.
Turning the camera ON and OFF was a BREEZE with gloves on and there was 100% certainty that it was either On or Off. Zero guessing, zero sounds/beeps to listen for.

Battery life was NOT particularly good though.