For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: 2-stroke Includes all Yamaha 2-strokes, Viper, Mountain Max, etc

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 08:22 PM
Currently: Training 6yr old to ride!
Basic Member
bigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond reputebigcrash24 has a reputation beyond repute
Default '98 700 tripple Mountain Max: spark plug came out

Soooo....
I started the sled up on the trailer for about 5min before trying to get it off... pressed throttle and strange sound (just off like, not harsh) and no movement. Lots of exhaust. Stopped engine, and the right spark plug was totally out of the head, attached to the wire. Plug looked ok, but I replaced it. Threads on the head looked ok and new plug threaded in fine. The sled worked just fine after that.
About 5 rides before this, I changed the plugs for the yearly maintenance. I know it was in tight then.

I've seen a few topic threads about detonation. The plug seemed ok, but I still want to look at the cylinder & top of the piston.

A few ?'s:

Do you check (or change?) your plugs before/after each ride?

Anyone else have this or related things happen?

Anything else I should be looking at due to this?

Thanks.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Currently: is wishing for snow
Lt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeLt Rascal has a reputation beyond repute

I don't check them every ride. BUT after i install new ones I check them a couple of times that first ride or two. I have had new plugs come loose due to the new crush washer takes a little to get it to stop crushing.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Lt Rascal For This Useful Post:
bigcrash24 (02-01-2017)