For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Electronics Beacons, GPS, communication systems, etc.....

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
snotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond reputesnotracks has a reputation beyond repute
Question 2001 Polaris -> Can I install LED lights?

My 2001 RMK 800 came with a custom hood that doesn't have the traditional built in light fixture. Previous owner had installed some of those old school yellow fog lights from the Shucks and they suck. I want to get a set of LED lights like these but am unsure if they will work with the sled's electrical system? Or any other suggestions as to how I can improve my lighting situation?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Currently: Trying to figure it all out!
polaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond reputepolaris bob has a reputation beyond repute

Short answer is yes you can. You will need to supply the lights with a clean source of DC power. There are many options for doing so. I just got done installing LED lights on my 2000 gen II Polaris XCSP. I used replacement bulbs in the factory hood. 3 bulb set up.

IMO, get in touch with Darryl from Cyclops lights and ask him to get you set up, He has been extremely helpful in helping me out with my sled and I did not even buy the bulbs from him, I just got his converter.

( Note, I did not know about Cyclops lights before I bought my bulbs at our local sled show last fall. if I had known, I would of gone with his product. ) All in one shopping just makes things easier or me.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to polaris bob For This Useful Post:
snotracks (01-18-2017)